Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.175 Never-ending Hype Train (Every Update Speculation Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by TehGM, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

correct wolf hit boxes. :D
    you know since they have an engineer shaped hitbox.
    if can see this when turrets target them and if you try to use melee tools on them.

i miss looting them but....meh the cyberhounds got...*shutter* organic downgrades
    its not fair to discriminate mechanical beauty turned into digus-.... flesh and bone.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

A "I win radar" button. Push it and you know the position of everything in an AU around the block.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I'd personally just like them to fix sub grid behaviour so I can have more than one piston head attached to a single grid again, without it violently exploding. I've been itching to work on a new massive miner, but am currently prevented from doing so...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

merge blocks that actually work like they used to would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Multiple pistons through vanilla without the need for tricks and workarounds would be nice. Just being able to paste/build a second piston and have it connect if the other piston was fully retracted. That would make life so easy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TehGM Apprentice Engineer

No more excuses, I messed up past few weeks, again. But feel free to come even without my input if you predict some bright future in any of coming updates!

Now I trigger 1.175!

• Like Like x 1
  7. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Let me see now ....

wants.....lots. Fixed multi grid behaviour, put welders back how they were, that sort of thing

'nice to have' .... more pirate activity, randomised fire distance on cargo/pirate ships, pirate spawns on planets/asteroids and of course, compound underwater ladders.....

expect ... bugfixes.

Get ....cracks papered over.

8. sammyvoncheese Apprentice Engineer

1. welder fix
    2. fix for projected blocks losing actions

9. Speshal_Snowman Apprentice Engineer

I would like to see a teaser for the new GUI ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

1.) landing gears on voxel planets...aka ship floating off bug
    2.) wolf hitbox seems to be using engineer hitbox
    3.) crosshair alignment ...try weilding 50 small ship armor blocks and not rage

I could say wheels break too slowly....but fact is i prefer that to them sinking into the ground at high speeds and exploding from the resulting crash into ground.

I could also say could something be done just a part of something done to revert a way back of using those old textures...like not officially shown in the game but a way that stops modded planets or everything modded being purple unless they've been updated....very very very very unlikely...pretty much a big fat no....but oh well.....all and all just another fat stack of abandoned broken mods on the workshop with nothing more than a screenshot of what they used to look like. ^^

11. Harrekin Master Engineer

With the game in Beta and with no other content indicated by the Developers for the game, isn't this thread kind of redundant?

I used to ride the hype train, it had too many pistons and doesn't run anymore...

12. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

That and welders that have more range than my hand welder would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

Wait, I thought they fixed that second item. Not that I can properly test it, with welders and merge blocks being broken, but y'know ...

14. Renegrade Trainee Engineer

They're still implementing stuff. Lens flares, for instance (ugh).

Beta is just something devs say to stir up interest. Doesn't have any real meaning, anymore..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Harrekin Master Engineer

Lens flares are more of a "polishing for gold release" than "new content"...the sort of update where they should just wait and bundle several small updates into one worthwhile update.

16. Roxette Senior Engineer

Let me fix that for you...

"Beta is just something devs say to appease project managers and marketing departments and show they're making progress and worthy of continued employment" :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

how do i do a funny and true emote?
    I'd suggest it but..............yeah it'd fall on deaf ears.

18. Renegrade Trainee Engineer

You're stretching the definition of 'polishing' a bit much there. It's more like un-polishing.. or the feature of "anti-human ECM" being added to the sun.

I'm all too familiar with that... I was hoping indy guys wouldn't have to deal with that sort of nonsense though...possibly wishful thinking on my part.

19. Harrekin Master Engineer

It's "polishing" in the sense that's it's a minor aesthetic change late in the development cycle.

20. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Soooooo....
    I expect the new basic assembler block in the major update today.

21. Capt. Favio Apprentice Engineer

Necroed! I tougth we agreed to not do this anymore... :p

22. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

All speculations and hypes about new updates were meant to go here weren't they?

Why create another thread for the same topic?

And I also expect that wind mill thingy they were teasing us with.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Capt. Favio Apprentice Engineer

Sure, just that... never mind forget it...

24. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I have my fingers crossed for the new chat system.

25. Spets Master Engineer

is this back?

I hope this is a mayor update, at least for wheels
    fix the animations
    fix the light disappearing when you move away from the source
    fix the HORRIBLE LOD
    fix batteries once and for all
    fix walking sounds
    add the Darkness [-----------------0]

26. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

I want @rexxar's server-link to be a part of vanilla game. Official net of Keen SWH servers connected by gates - that's what I pour a glass of whiskey for tonight. Yeah, I know, it won't be tonight, but..

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. odizzido Junior Engineer

You got a few of these, surprising.

As for the next week's update.....well, honestly I think everything is generally working. Maybe make it so safety locks aren't like pulling the pin on a grenade. I've had quite a few times where I click off safety lock and the entire thing explodes. It's almost like the forces keep building up while things have safety lock on.

28. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I hope there will be a reload animation so my ocd can be happy.

------

@Xocliw Just going to tag you again while it's in my memory, show Marek the De-constructor / Constructor and Building mechanic in the new Prey video game, I think he may find it interesting...

Kinda wish tools and player held weapon was like that, it gets spat out of a machine then the player picks it up.

29. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

I expect a major update to begin with.

30. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

at this point i most likely fetisize the want for wheels being fixed. :p

last night i was killed placing one.....you know when the wheel spawns...turns out the engineer can violently murder himself when placing a large grid 3x3 wheel.
    i was also flung 104 m/s into the air when i was standing on thus large grid 3x3 wheel while wielding it. :3

I want to do some driving with the teased wheels to see how they handle.
    hopefully its a major
    but if its not....guess we'll wait another week.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.