Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.180.4]Wheels breaking/lose suspended functionality randomly while/after building a wheeled veh.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by j2redlive, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. j2redlive Trainee Engineer

Okay, so this is an issue I'm experiencing on small grids that whenever I create a wheeled vehicle, I randomly will encounter a bug where my wheels lose all suspension functionality and they reset to -100% or so and can't be changed even in the wheels settings, I've tried everything and can't seem to fix the issue, any ideas? Mod related perhaps? I don't have any wheel mods or anything so I don't know what's causing it so I'm confused but I do have lots of mods, Anyways this bug has been going on for over 3 months and I'm surprised it's still not fixed so that's why I'm reporting it now.

Let me know if any of you have any ideas on fixes.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. I23I7 ME Tester

Until the major changes planned for wheels are released it would counter productive to change anything with them. Nevertheless thank you for the report and keep your eye on the updates for a mention of it.

3. j2redlive Trainee Engineer

It's a glitch, and I feel like I'm the only one experiencing this issue and my question is why? that's what I'm asking, I'd like to know if there's anything I can do besides wait forever to fix this issue, I've waited over 3-4 months, maybe longer. I'm tired of waiting, there's got to be some trouble shooting we can do, I was hoping the community would have some ideas on what might be causing the wheels to break.

4. Lurch84 Trainee Engineer

I have a lot of troubles with wheels too, you've probably tried this already, but I've found toggling the safety override on/off seems to reset them to what ever you have altered them to (height offset wise at least). Other than that, a save/exit and load back up does the trick. Only things I know of.

5. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Same here and also increase safety lock value to avoid some issues.

6. I23I7 ME Tester

There isnt much to do right now but wait. Its a bummer. Perhaps using some preset options for wheels that work and dialling the power of the wheel down.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  7. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

The problem happens when using connectors. If you lock to a connector, the wheels seem to lose their "0" value on height offset. After this, you're dragging the ground no matter what you do. The only option seems to be reloading -- which is a problem if you're on a server.

PLEASE take a look at this. If it's just a matter of a value been erroneously changed you might be able to fix it easily.

-Forjo

8. I23I7 ME Tester

The whole wheel system was rewritten so the one you are playing with will be replaced. Thanks for the report!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.