Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.180.5 and older...] Assembler on disassemble pulls in extra components

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Roxette, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Roxette Senior Engineer

This is a very old bug which I thought had been fixed for a while last year but has been back a while now, its just a minor annoyance... if an assembler is loaded with some of the components from an attached storage and set to disassemble them, as it disassembles it pulls in additional parts from the storage, making inventory management more trouble than it should be. It only affects some component types.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey what components and what kind of repro would be suitable ? I haven't found a old ticket about this so i need some fresh information

3. Lurch84 Trainee Engineer

Ah I know this one. Have a completely empty assembler attached to storage with components. Tell assembler to disassemble say 10 large steel tubes and it will do it, but continue to pull more until it's finished (just tested it and it pulled 34 instead of just the 10, so +24 than needed). If you disassemble a large enough amount, or slow items, you can fill the assembler inventory. Is that about right Roxette?

4. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey so i tried what Lurch suggested and the right amount of tubes was dissassembled.

5. Lurch84 Trainee Engineer

Oh it disassembles the right amount, it just pulls more than it needs to. Do the same again, but have say 100 large steel tubes in the storage. you'll have 24ish extra pulled into the assembler (which will have to be pulled out again manually or when the assembler gets full enough to empty itself).

I think that it's pulling more every time it finishes 1 item. So it pulls 10 to start with, thats fine, it finishes 1 (leaving 9) then pulls more again even though there 9 still in it already. This repeats until the requested 10 are disassembled, but leaves you with the rest just sat in it's inventory as said.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. I23I7 ME Tester

Oh i see it. It pulls the wrong amount but dissambles the right one got it :) Reported

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.