Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.180.502 All Hand Tools Speed Reduced?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AceNepets, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AceNepets Apprentice Engineer

This is a qualitative, rather than quantitative measure: It feels like the tool speeds have changed. What usually took only moments to grind with the Elite Hand grinder now feels like an eternity. More-so with welding: Elite hand welder feels like an eternity to weld objects. Without having taken prior timing measurements, I can't really be sure, but it feels slower. In other words, the current Elite tools feel like the Enhanced or Proficient levels from the previous dozen updates.

Also, the Hydrogen and Oxygen Bottles are too similar looking again. The old Hydrogen Bottle and Oxygen Bottle icons were just fine.

2. jb_aero Trainee Engineer

Confirmed, tools are slow again like they were a couple weeks ago. They fixed the tool speeds and then the icons got reverted to pre-beta, now they fixed the icons and the tool speeds are messed up again. I'm starting to think they don't have the best version control system.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

they dont! bad code asset management, or bad something, is why old bugs keep coming back, it boggles the mind!

4. Tyler K Trainee Engineer

Confirmed, Yet Again! WOW. Maybe I should just always use tier 1 tools. :(

5. [MEC] Dr.Thunder7 Trainee Engineer

It seems when ever they change the Character animations they mess up the tool speeds

6. Thrak Junior Engineer

Yes. And I can't find the fix a user posted over the Easter weekend. Pfui!

7. Roxette Senior Engineer

Yes, because its all in the same XML file, and their version control system apparently works by something like passing USB sticks around, or possibly bits of paper...
    --- Automerge ---
    Yes, sorry, I took it down, wasn't expecting it to be needed again /quite/ so soon... I'll redo it tomorrow night if they haven't managed to find the scrap of paper with the correct numbers on....

8. Thrak Junior Engineer

Many thanks!

9. AlfieUK4 Trainee Engineer

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  10. Roxette Senior Engineer

Damn that unexpected ninja hotfix problem :D

11. I23I7 ME Tester

* Slurping a box of juice*

Ninja hotfix? Pshaaa read the change log it was not so ninja after all :p Also we found the little gremlin that was causing this problem to come back and whacked him over the head....

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Roxette Senior Engineer

I was meaning in the generally-accepted sense of a forum ninja where one's post was rendered invalid or outdated because of a concurrent post (or in this case the update) - also the actual changelog first post has not been updated to include todays hotfix, which seems to have happened a lot recently.

Yay :D

13. I23I7 ME Tester

Its cool just making sure you guys dont burn down the forums.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Tyler K Trainee Engineer

This isn't Medieval Engineers. ;) We'll leave the pitchforking and witch burning to them. Thanks for the hotfix you guys. Keen is awesome. Much Love.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I23I7 ME Tester

Thank you every praise counts

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.