Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.181.4 All Game Modes - Doors and Hangar Doors weird collision boundaries

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Reneta Scian, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

Doors will sometimes or often bounce you back when trying to walk through them, and there is a weird half block height invisible obstruction coming off of the Airtight hangar doors now after the update. It is impermeable, but you can glitch through it if you jump at it enough. But if you try to fly a grid through it, bad things will happen to you, namely grids will get damaged/destroyed, when they get bounced.

2. Arcturus Senior Engineer

This is probably the same bug as the killer doors bug?

3. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

Could be. Permeating the invisible boundary doesn't always result in your walls looking like a Jackson Pollock painting. At this point, Viscera Cleanup would look tame by comparison if SE had gore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neochrome Trainee Engineer

OK here is my findings. if your using hanger doors on a planet and ANY of the hanger door block touches the planet.. then they're deadly! i cut away the planet (mars in my case) so the blocks where totally clear of the blocks.. they're no longer deadly......... so far

tip for now: keep all doors and hanger doors OFF any planet voxel

5. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

That doesn't necessarily explain ships doors doing it when docked with connectors, but this issue I had wasn't specifically about the doors being murderous, but about them having added collision boundaries that didn't seem to be there before. Like, having the door repel you even when it doesn't kill you, or the weird offset collision to hangar doors. With the other bug report I posted, it was the connector that made the doors on my ship lethal, not terrain voxels per se. Also, this is a survival world, so the only alternative I have is to ask the admins to use voxel hands, lest I have to shred the base up to get all the little bits of it. =,=; That's way more work than I'm interested in.

6. Neochrome Trainee Engineer

im on a suvival. everything is hardwork, no voxal hands, just right click drill for large chunks.. i came across that issue with the doors repelling too. again cut away the voxal and that was fixed... ADMITTEDLY its a base on mars tho... im not looking forward to doors on my ships though from the sounds of this!!

doors worked before tho.. why did they bother changing that! :(

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

thats the thing i've always wondered when some new type of bug gets mistakenly added.
    like....it worked fine before....who tweaked it and why?
    and also why was it published?
    why did jumpdrives suddenly start killing players? bad attempt at optimization?

i like to humorously joke like....you go to a hospital to fix a broken bone.....their set the bone and fix it.....then take out a hammer and break it again....only to fix it again.

8. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I imagine the weird collision boundaries were there during the murder and before (i.e. previous bug reports about exploding doors on jump). If a recent patch then made death/exploding less likely, that wouldn't remove the root cause which could become easier to see. During the early killer door reports, people who were flying on jetpack when hitting the door were repelled at high speed (and killed), so there was a collision force back then as well.

Basic principles suggests that the door is moving at high velocity, despite standing still relative to the grid. High speed vibration or a short movement followed by being jumped back to the starting point? If so, the vibration should become more visible as simspeed decreases. I wonder if I could get a custom script to output subpart velocities?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.