Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.182.3] Merge Block on Piston breaks everything

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sero93, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sero93 Trainee Engineer

Hi,

If i build a merge block on an (extended) piston and dock (with thruters) a second grid via merge block, the whole thing blows up or the Grid gets a MASSIVE impuls leading to uncontrolled rolling and turning. (tested with several grids)

I docked a small ship on my capital ship, the mergeblock/pistonhead exploded.
    both ships independendly rotate around their own center of mass.
    the capital ship lost its hitboxes so the small ship and my character pass right through it, while it rotates.
    nevertheless both grids act on copy pasting as they where connected subgrids.

my save is now corrupted and my blueprint too. when ever i load that blueprint, the ship is rotating and other connected subgrids (missiles) are completly out of sync and bug on their own somewhere. I'll upload that Blueprint and edit the Link in here, hoping that someone can rescue my capital ship build ( still under construction, but took me so long :( )

//edit: if you delete the piston base on the capital ship, (it sits on the upper deck at the mid-to-front section),
    an explosion occures and ship goes completly crazy
    //edit: broken blueprint: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1110593994

--- Automerge ---
    The uncontrollable spinning is caused by the missile subgrids. The missile grid is too big, to be "placed" where they currently are. Welding them there is no problem though, because the actual missile is smaller than its "placing-boundingbox". So deleting the missile subgrids made that blueprint useble again (weee).

so i tried merging WITHOUT any other subgrid on any other grid, stil a massive clang sends my capital ship off to space.

see here:

bringing Mergeblock close,
    disabling the the whole small ship (via Y),
    getting out and watch how they connect,
    clang.

100% reproducable

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Sero93 Trainee Engineer

Merging 2 grids, while one of the mergeblocks is sitting ontop of a piston is still [1.183] not possible.
    maybe @I23I7 can have a wuick look.

thy

3. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello,

I got the big clang in the small grid merge block. I got the large block to explode on me once but after that it did not do that anymore. Do you have save for that one?

Thanks!

4. Sero93 Trainee Engineer

Hi ho,

here is a fresh test world.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116623026

here is what happens on my PC on that exact save: (10 sek video)

i just disabled thrusters, so the magnetic effect brings the ships together, while i film it from outside.

//edit: as you see a massive force is applied, propelling the grid at instant 90 m/s.

The ship doesnt explode, as both ships are small and survive that heavy force applied.
    Big ships tend to explode though.

Mod free,
    current build,
    Windows 7 x64,
    i7-4790K,
    R9 390 (8Gb)
    8Gb RAM
    everything on a SSD.

Thank you, i appreciate your active support all around the Forum!

5. I23I7 ME Tester

Thanks added to the report!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sero93 Trainee Engineer

If you copy the base of the save there and try to merge 2 of them, clang gets fully into action:

The merged platforms violantly strafe into random directions, twisting in itself. Pistons and merge blocks clip into each other and seem to occupy same space.

7. I23I7 ME Tester

Piston against piston even when correctly measured like that will always be a gamble but thanks anyways :) we know about that one for some time.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.