Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.184.0] Cannot Delete Block Group

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Noy, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Noy Apprentice Engineer

• Deleting the Block Group only temporarily removes it from the terminal display.
    • Refreshing the terminal in anyway, displays the deleted Block Group.
    • You can even Delete all the blocks (physical grid) in a Block Group and it still remains.
    edit: 9/15/2017
    • Cannot remove blocks from block group, except by physically deleting them.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DragonSkull Trainee Engineer

+1 Also noticed that

3. aleliabro Trainee Engineer

Have had this happen to me too.

4. Thrak Junior Engineer

Ah, I thought I was seeing things. Yes, happening to me, too.

5. Firewarrior Trainee Engineer

6. Noy Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure what happened but, changes are only being applied to the interface and not to anything that's shared or stored semi-permanently. This could be related to some sort of MP optimization. Since this is a major build, it's possible a part of the code was regressed or overwritten?

7. Sakanax Trainee Engineer

+1, confirmed by me as well.

8. Byzod Trainee Engineer

1.184.005 hotfix still not fix this bug, now I have groups like Thrusters, Thrusters2, Thrusters3...etc becuase I can't change the blocks in group. Each time you add/remove a block, you need to create a new group for that. FML

9. SunGod Trainee Engineer

Same problem here. I think the problem is worse than just a display issue, however, as I think the undeletable groups have settings different from the new groups, which means I can't effectively pilot a ship because my old thruster group (which doesn't/shouldn't exist) is conflicting with my new thruster group. :(

10. Silverwing Trainee Engineer

+1 I am still seeing this issue. I haven't noticed any issue with individual block control, but the old groups do still persist and it gets confusing.

11. rexxar Senior Engineer

Hey guys, I fixed this on Friday. If testers OK the fix, it should go out this Thursday.

12. Silverwing Trainee Engineer

Thanks Rexxar - much appreciated. I was just about to post a work around, but I can wait until Thursday.

13. z51aj17 Trainee Engineer

Really hoping this gets passed by the testers. I can replicate it by deleting the groups, copying the grid, and the pasted copy has the old groups back again. Thanks rexxar!

14. Hyomoto Apprentice Engineer

@Silverwing If you still want to post the workaround, no one is going to be upset with you. Thursday still has a little time left on it :D

15. Silverwing Trainee Engineer

In involves removing the group from the saved game sandbox*.sbs file, and then deleting the sandbox*.sbsPB file in the same folder. Reload the game and the unwanted groups will be gone. Make a new save and the .sbsPB file will be recreated.

These are game files so be sure to back them up before changing/removing anything. If your not familiar with these files it might be best to wait until Thursday. I only offer this as an option, I have tried it and it works, but I am not saying this is the best method.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello,

We know about this problem and have already started work on fixing it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.