Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.184.102]Item number become decimal when moving with right click

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Byzod, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Byzod Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    WTF is this? Many of my component stack now have a tilde before its count.
    The tilde mark appears (sometimes) after moving items around with right mouse button drag iirc

**edit**
    [​IMG]
    I found the way to reproduce it
    This is how I test it with vanilla game (without mod)
    1. Create new survival game with Earth Easy Start
    2. Craft 1200+ rifle ammo with assembler, move all mag to your backpack
    3. Drag mag to an empty slot with right mouse button, enter "1111", release right mouse button

Expected
    You get two stack of mag, one of it is 1111x, another one is 89x (if you craft exact 1200 mag in step 2)

Actually
    You get two stack of mag like ~1111x and ~88x
    it's worth noting that both of them have a tilde before their counts, and the total number is lesser that original stack (1111+88=1199 <1200)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

I've seen this too, It usually happens when I use TIM (Taleden's Inventory Manager). It can really mess with my OCD... I usually just take the ~0x item (or items) into my inventory and throw it overboard. That fractional component can actually pollute other inventories with its tilde plague! ALL TILDE MUST DIE!

Anyway, near as I can tell its some kind of rounding error. But why use non-integer values for components that will never be used in a fractional way? [​IMG]

3. Byzod Trainee Engineer

You reminds me, I'm using a mod related to inventory too, the Automated Inventory Sorting
    Now I'm not sure this is a bug due to the game itself or caused by the mod (API)
    Anyone have this problem without any mod related to inventory?

4. Thrak Junior Engineer

I have tons of mods, but none related to inventory, and I see this occasionally. Oddly, I usually first notice it when looting pirate raiding stations.

5. kittle Senior Engineer

from what ive seen in the past - and from your video, the problem happens when you windup with less than 1 unit of some component. so rather than showing 10.5 plates, it shows ~10 plates.

it usually happens when you add/remove large quantities of some item

6. Byzod Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    Guys I can confirm that it's a bug caused by mod messing with inventories
    In my case,auto inventory sorting simply split things up with :split flag which generated decimal item counts without rounding

7. Roxette Senior Engineer

This is basically the same as the issue with block colours being inconsistent causing random edge lines, because Keen hate using integers even when floats make no sense and cause this kind of random sh*t.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Byzod Trainee Engineer

Ehh...after some test I found this bug is still there in vanilla scenario (tested with Earth Easy Start) without any mod. I've edited it to the OP *facepalm*

In my test case, everything works fine if you're about to move lesser than 1100 items. But if you try to move 1111+ the tilde thing appears, really weird :/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.