Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.184.200] [DS/MP] Massive lag and sim speed drop when welding/grinding/placing blocks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by auge, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Redeye123 Trainee Engineer

First of all sorry for asking here but how far are they with the testing of this bug since most multiplayer servers i've been on its bad and its not fun to do actually anything now .

2. fevfev Apprentice Engineer

It's a memory leak , with grids and mass after a grids has been on the sever for 30 mins any welding lags the server or placing blocks but if you start a new grid 0 lag and it seems to get worse the more mass the grid has server reset douse fix it but can't do that all the time a work around that might work is turn your ship station in to a new grid then weld as in convert to ship

3. Redeye123 Trainee Engineer

Well i really hope today's patch will at least make it somewhat better than how it is now i have to restart the server every hour to at least build something with no lag

4. iAltonoj Trainee Engineer

Hi Tester, I don't know much, but this game uses memory different than any game I have seen so for. The CPU is going like crazy when you place one block and the game uses up the last bit of free memory. Just turn on the task manager and watch it for a while in the performance tab and you will see what I am talking about.
    --- Automerge ---
    Hi LhuanDula, I believe that the problem is in the structure of the game. I have deleted three worlds because of it. When the world gets big this lag shows up. and yes I have trouble with land gears and connectors. If you are not lined up perfectly it destroys the connector on the ship.

5. Ondřej Nahálka Tester Staff

Hey guys,

first fix iteration released (v184.401)

following game breaker should be fixed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBLMIqS-3E&feature=youtu.be

Please update your game and let us know how it works.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest of the fixes will be a part of the major update.

Kind regards
    Ondrej, KeenSWH

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Vincey Trainee Engineer

Awwwww yiss, thanks guys!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jent Trainee Engineer

Thanks Devs...server has been running solid for over 8 hours. Thank you for pushing out the fix and not waiting for a major update

8. Taquar04 Trainee Engineer

Much better... it is still there but now it takes longer to appear.

9. wagner Apprentice Engineer

Its different now, now the thing happens in the client not in the server, restarting the client fix it.
    At least servers dont need to be restarted every 30 min now...
    The game is still unplayable online thought, the "streaming" bug happens depending on what you are doing all the time.

10. Jent Trainee Engineer

Played for 12+ hours yesterday with 5 to 12 players. Never saw sim drop due to welding or grinding. Sim was .8 to 1.0, only dipping due to concealment (torch), which it is supposed to do, and player caused issues... Like crashing into a planet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ondřej Nahálka Tester Staff

Please record it and provide the video (use for example Youtube).

"It is still there" is not good enough. It can be similar, but not exact the same.
    --- Automerge ---
    Please describe the streaming bug. :)

12. wagner Apprentice Engineer

https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/c...t-says-its-streaming.7397584/#post-1287073433

It happens when you are travelling through asteroids, or when ships or objects spaws close to you.
    Restarting the client fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alli Trainee Engineer

If this can help, we tried to build a small ship with a landing gear on a station, simspeed destroyed when trying to build,

-large ship with a landing gear on such a station.

-grinding a connector still connect to another: the remaining station lowers the sim speed at each construction, forced to cut / pasted into admin.

14. I23I7 Tester Staff

Thanks!

15. wagner Apprentice Engineer

Just to clarify, the streaming bug is an different bug from the sim drop when welding.
    And the sim drop welding bug is still there, just made this video :

Its just takes more time to happen, and restarting the client this time fix it ( dont need server restart to fix it ).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.