Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.184.4] Copy/Paste not working properly for Name / Block Group

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CptBluepants, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. CptBluepants Trainee Engineer

The Copy/Paste function for a block Name or the Block Group field is not working since the latest patch. Pressing CTRL-V does nothing.
    Only when I spam CTRL-V for a couple of second do I get a result maybe 1 or 2 times out of 20+ key presses.

What's weird is that it doesn't matter if I try it in a brand new creative world with just 3 blocks or in a bloated survival megabase with serious fps issues. The result is the same regardless of fps or simspeed (as far as I can tell anyway).

Hardware isn't the issue either, copy/paste works fine outside of Space Engineers.

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

This isn't all... there are currently multiple issues with the editing of block names and other fields in the control panel, eg if a name is highlighted it can't be directly edited or typed over as was previously the case.

3. CaD Apprentice Engineer

Hey I thought it was me but I got same issue with copy/paste block names, I tend to find whatever was last copied wont go away and it wont copy fresh and so I do what you do repeatedly hit the copy button and it might work.

I've recently discovered that when copying blocknames, you must not move mouse pointer out of the box you're copying text from before you CTRL-C it. Then CTRL-V works every time.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  4. Thrak Junior Engineer

5. Noy Apprentice Engineer

+1, also experiencing this bug. Though, it seems to be a problem not with CTRL-V but, with CTRL-X and CTRL-C not executing reliably; thus the default value "" gets pasted with no apparent change, or the previous copy/cut gets pasted instead.

6. Malware Master Engineer

Most likely caused by their fix to the copy/paste crash. They just ignore the crashes.

(that crash is technically Microsoft's fault, btw)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Thrak Junior Engineer

Who cares? It's Keen's problem to fix.

8. Noy Apprentice Engineer

except that cut/copy/paste is tied into the OS, other wise you wouldn't be able to cut/copy/paste to/from non-game sources, like scripts you wrote in an easier to use editor.

If the bug is on keens end, they can fix it.

9. Thrak Junior Engineer

Sure. Doesn't matter. The point is, issues like this are always going to be perceived as a problem with Space Engineers, no matter who may "technically" be to blame. Nobody except maybe code jockeys and systems engineers care who is really to blame. From the pragmatic, everyday, person-on-the-street viewpoint, the ball is in Keen's court. Fair? Maybe not. Welcome to reality :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Malware Master Engineer

Bingo. This community is filled to the brim with those ;)

Like me.

I wasn't making any kind of excuses. I was simply leaving a comment so if someone actually is interested can ask, otherwise it's a waste of time and space to explain. But now that time was wasted anyway :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Thrak Junior Engineer

Meanwhile, as I said, in reality it's Keen's problem to address. Disagree?

12. Malware Master Engineer

Of course, that was never a question.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.