Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.184.7 [SIM SPEED] Any spawned grid drops sim speed. (Still.)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Miklos Nagy, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Miklos Nagy Trainee Engineer

Hello All!

In multiplayer, basically any spawned grid has to be "fixed" by putting two blocks on the pasted grid, and separate it, thus creating a new grid. We found, that merge blocks work too, so with just implementing that into the pasting, spawning, projecting scenario could help. It shouldnt be more then a line or two in code.

As of now, it causes serious Sim Speed drops.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. abrtn00101 Trainee Engineer

You should probably add a third option to your poll. Two-option polls kinda aren't allowed.

3. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I thought it was Yes and No polls that weren't allowed.

4. Miklos Nagy Trainee Engineer

the poll is a joke. so as the spawnship problem, codewise, in the pasting/spawning function which i believe are the same, should be implemented the "put put, remove" fix, as a temporary meassure, really a few lines, take the center point of the grid, count till the last armor block with buildable surface, do the fix there, and thats it... it can be a bit buggy, but a few "if" cases should solve it, like create attachpoint if there isnt any.

5. abrtn00101 Trainee Engineer

Ah.. Yeah. I stand corrected. Just checked the rules again. I just remembered some mod saying binary polls are not allowed, and I just parroted that. Although, one of the options is "Yes," and the poll could be construed as a Yes/No poll.

6. Dan2D3D Moderator

@Miklos Nagy, would be kind to follow the Bug report Guide in the important pinned RED messages from the Devs to do a good report:

https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/keen-wants-you-to-help-with-the-good-fight-against-clang.7397921/

1- STR = Steps To Reproduce the bug

2- World setting OR share the World so the Devs can try.

3- ...

Follow the Guide to share the needed files and infos please.,,, Without your world = they Can't try and reproduce the problem.

And NO poll plaese, I will have to delete.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  7. Miklos Nagy Trainee Engineer

Truly sorry, I was about delete the poll myself, just wasn't online for a few days. Will edit first post, I dont mean it as an offense.

I've set up a server just now, and seeing some simspeed drop upon cargo ship spawn, but none when pasting, will get be when I can be more specific.

8. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

I have encountered this sim drop when pasting ships on our DS Hydro Survival, one trick that fixes it is to attach a string of 2-4 blocks off the ship just pasted, then delete a block in-between. Sim then returns to normal and then just remove the extra blocks.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.