Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.185.7] MP and SP: 2 reproducable bugs concerning rocks and ships. (no mods)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Volla, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Volla Trainee Engineer

Bug 1: Dropping rocks on a ship with a gravity generator will continuously force the ship downwards. the rocks will use the ships own gravity to push it around, regardless of how big and heavy the ship is.

Bug2: The functional area of collectors is disconnected from the actual block and will desync if the ship is moved (whether by manually moving the ship or because the ship is forced down due to the previously stated bug). A restart is required to fix it, but the moment you move your ship, the collector will desync again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

It is nice to see someone who still likes using the collector block!

3. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I just reproduced the first bug and also reported it to our system, small rocks shouldn't move with a ship strong and big enough. But second bug is not happening in my game. Is there anything I have to do to disconnect it? I tried it with creative tools on and off, on Dedicated server and in Singleplayer. Maybe restart of the server could help.

Is the second bug still happening?

Thanks!

4. Amelia Trainee Engineer

I can confirm both issues.

For the second bug, steps to reproduce:
    • Build or spawn a ship or land vehicle with a collector, either large or small.
    • Drop something on the collector and it should pick it up as expected and supposed to.
    • Move the vehicle or ship some distance away and drop something on the collector.
    • Noticed how the item is not picked up by the collector anymore.
    If you actually remember where the collector was when you built or spawned it before you moved it you can drop an item there and the collector will pick it up "remotely".

Turning the ship or vehicle off and on again will restore the collector's area of effect to where the collector currently is. Moving it away will break it again.

I have tested this on non dedicated multiplayer both as host and client and it happened in both cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lurch84 Trainee Engineer

Also confirming. Test setup as in the screenshot (done in offline vanilla creative(bug is also in survival)), the collection point isn't tied to the block, it's to the location the block is first placed/at world load/block reset (grind or power switch). Clearly indicated when extending the piston. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1278149475

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Volla Trainee Engineer

Hey, sorry for the late reply and thank you for taking the time to test these issues.

I don't really know why the bug does not reproduce in your game, I have asked friends to try and reproduce it on their own separate games and the reproduction rate is 100%.

7. Zhiila Tester Staff

So i reproduced second bug, I am not sure what I did wrong. I reported it and it should be fixed in one of following patches.

Thank you all.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.