Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.101] Wheels taking damage from nothing, then explode and launch the vehicle to the skies

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Spets, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spets Master Engineer

for more detail I have to mention that the wheels was doing perfectly fine, but then I broke a few wheels after falling from a high place, used the "add wheel" feature and repaired them 100%, and then I notice that wheels was starting to smoke, taking damage for no apparent reason

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lynnux Junior Engineer

Had a similar behaviour with a large vehicle (posted in another bug report). Seems that the vehicle is clipping into the ground or something like that then stopping abruptly then being hurled up (the front more than the rear like in that video). No brake applied, no X pressed.
    A smaller vehicle is sometimes just exploding while driving around like hitting something invisible. <- This happens in a world with some mods but not in a freshly created world with only the necessary mods.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  3. sadpickle Trainee Engineer

oh hi mark

4. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

I just built a small rover with the last of my materials in a new survival world. Left it perfectly still on flat terrain, parking brake activated, and went about 2km away to get a drop crate. Came back to find it magically flung itself apart. I was excited to finally start using wheeled vehicles, but I think I'll still be giving them a very wide pass.

5. JJayzX Trainee Engineer

We had a large vehicle and after leaving it for the night it would look like someone jacked all our tires. We ended up switching to jets.

6. Kezat Trainee Engineer

Not sure if its related but my small grid rover has exploded twice when parked for no reason, I was not in it at the time, in my case it made a small crater and was missing the front half of the rover.

7. LEGI0N Trainee Engineer

We had the similar issue. We were building the vehicle and only had 4 wheels, armored blocks, one small reactor, one small cargo container, one antenna, one cockpit and one unfinished gyroscope. While i build the gyroscope all wheels exploded, the vehicle flippend and killed me. The handbrake was ON.

8. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

Hey, So I was out of the game for a while... for obvious reasons. But I came back to check out wheels on the new update.... Spoiler alert: game's still more or less broken. But I am curious are all of your experiences on a DS? I used to play exclusively on DS, but since coming back I only went in one once, long enough to learn that MP was still jacked. Since then I've been playing around on SP worlds, both creative and survival and I have to say, i've been thouroughly impressed by the wheels for the most part, so I was wondering if you people were also having this problem on SP games as well?

9. alexis Trainee Engineer

Same issue, wheels explode for nothing and launch my rover to the sky! Keen pls fix that!

10. Thales M. Senior Engineer

I went afk in rover's cockpit in DS. Its handbrake was on. After 10 minutes I found my character died (possibly suffocated, because I turned off the air vent due to extreme power consumption). I went to location of my rover but it was gone and there was a deformation on the ground which is the only sign of it left.

11. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

As hacky as it sounds I am thinking we should just make wheels not take collision damage period. they can be shot off by guns and the suspensions and connecting blocks can be damaged by impacts but the wheels should just not take damage from impacts. I know the physics guys and hardcore PVPers will be screaming bloody murder but honestly at this point I think the majority of players would rather just have hacky but working wheels

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. shimonu Apprentice Engineer

So it was this reason why my mobile base was selfdestructing.
    I saw that vehicles are shaking a little on parking brake. (when I stand on it it show in speed).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.