Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.129] Serious graphical distortion

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dwarf-Lord Pangolin, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

The latest patch contains a serious graphical corruption bug of some sort that distorts and pixelates everything. The following screenshots are with the graphics settings turned up as high as they'll go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game looks absolutely terrible now. Whoever approved of this change and suggested marketing it as a graphics update ought to be fired.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

Yep, I don't recall anyone asking or begging for an overhaul of how the rendering looks on-screen, or however you wanna word it- Marek seemed to think the game needed a more 'cinematic' feel ( his words ), and this vomit inducing blurry mess is the result. Those guys really need to get a grip and ask if these improvements are actually improvements, or a slap in the face for players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Telquel Trainee Engineer

Had same problem when almost everything was on low, raised those to medium now it looks quite ok.

4. DarkRubberNeck Trainee Engineer

I have that but on top of that my whole screen is brown and I can see two feet in front of me lol *cries*

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I set everything to the highest settings to take these shots; additionally, lots of other people are giving similar reports, so it's not just my settings. Either they've set the graphics so that a GTX 1060 is grossly sub-par, or there's a bug ... or they thought this kind of thing actually looks nice.

Which, now that I think about it, is actually possible, since when last I checked, Marek Rosa is always looking at Space Engineers on a projector for the livestreams, not a computer screen. Since those demos seem to be his only exposure to the game, this might very well be a pretty decent-looking update.

If you're playing on a projector, that is.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. rsharp6957 Trainee Engineer

Someone helped me out on this. Try turning post processing OFF. Helps with the dark areas on the monitor also.

• Like Like x 1
  7. woostyboy Trainee Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I know. That is why I am reporting this as a bug. If the game's graphics look objectively better -- I am speaking of clear, unequivocal matters such as obvious pixelization, which nobody wants as a stylistic option, and not things like the vignette -- when post-processing is turned OFF, there must be a bug with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

I don't think it's a bug, I think this is Marek punishing us for complaining about the lack of large updates for so long...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tofuriot Trainee Engineer

Seeing similar along with other rendering issues. R9 280x

11. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I don't see the distortion in my game on high settings. I can see it on low but on medium and high it's something completely different than on your pictures.

Did you tried to remove Space engineers folder from Users\current_user\AppData\Roaming\ ? Maybe also verifying game files could help.

Anyway thanks for letting us know about this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

A member of the FB group has noted that he gets these issues with his nVidia gfx card, but not with his Ati card, despite having exactly the same settings- worth looking into.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.