Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.4 to 186.5] cockpit transparency glitch on first use

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tigerstripe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

When you first load any vanilla world, the very first time you hop into any enclosed cockpit, this happens:

[​IMG]

Hop out of said cockpit, and the glitch vanishes, for this and all other cockpits in the world. Everything will then remain normal... until the next time you load the world, when this will happen once again for the first cockpit you enter, the first time you enter it.

I've been able to reproduce this 100% of the time. This is a vanilla world.

It's just a visual glitch though, since the cockpits function perfectly fine when this happens. Not a high priority, but something you'll want to look into someday.

2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce it. :( Does it happen even after restart of game? It also may be connected to specific blueprints. Could provide more detailed steps to reproduce?

Thanks.

3. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

I don't know what causes it, or why you can't reproduce it. My actions are otherwise perfectly mundane: load any world, and hop into the nearest small-ship cockpit to go mine or pick up a drop crate.

It occurs on any small ship, but only the very first time you enter either of the small-ship cockpits, if you do so quickly after first loading a saved world... like it hasn't connected the interior & exterior models yet. Once it's happened, it won't happen again during your play session until you exit to the main menu (or quit to desktop). When you load up the world again, it'll happen again, just as before, once per play session.

It happens on multiple worlds, in multiple small craft.
    All the craft in question were built from scratch, not copied in using blueprints or printed from projections.

At least it doesn't seem to hurt performance or functionality - it simply looks odd.
    --- Automerge ---
    I just verified that this is still occurring in the current (186.5) version.

To reproduce, go to the nearest small-ship cockpit immediately after loading a world, and jump in. Switch to third-person view if you aren't in it already, and see the bug.

Jump out of said cockpit & back in, or toggle back to first-person view briefly, and the cockpit returns to normal appearance.

4. Zhiila Tester Staff

It is really not happening to me. :( I guess it could be local problem.

There are 3 things I would try as first:
    1. Check graphic card drivers if you have newest version
    2. Backup and delete (or just rename) Space Engineers folder in \Users\current_user\AppData\Roaming\
    3. Verify Game integrity in Steam

I hope it helps.

5. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

This person experiences the same bug at about 8 minutes in, and comments about it a minute later: