1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[1.186.4 to 186.5] player kinematics tilted

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tigerstripe, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tigerstripe

Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

This one happens a lot, but making it happen on purpose takes a bit of luck.

On any planet, lay down a level station platform. A small square will do.
    Fly above it with the jetpack, and drop down.
    Observe the angle of the blocks. Though level, they sometimes appear tilted.
    Look at your legs in 3rd-person: one may be bent.
    If it doesn't happen, use the jetpack & roll your character a few degrees, and land again. Keep doing it, trying different angles.

Basically, the character doesn't return to fully upright after landing in natural gravity. They remain at a slight angle, depending on their last position before cutting their jetpack. The reverse kinematics of their legs also shows this phantom incline.
    Adjusting with jetpack bursts can straighten the character, but only temporarily.

No artificial gravity generator is required: this is entirely in natural gravity.

I kept thinking my base was sinking into the terrain on one side, but turns out it was just the character leaning over a few degrees. After experimenting, I found this can be influenced by the angle of the character when shutting off the jetpack.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.