Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.5][Physics] New world, tower of blocks doesn't fall

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by boromir, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Start a brand new world in Easy Start Earth Station, go out to the grass place a block on the ground and another on top of it (a second block). Then build a 2D array of blocks (e.g. 20x4) on top of the 2nd block such that all the blocks in the array are above and to one side of the starting two blocks on the ground.

Remove the second block. The array should fall down and to the side. Instead it remains motionless levitating in the air.

2. haibusa2005 Trainee Engineer

Is "Unsupported stations" option on? If so, it is working as intended.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. boromir Apprentice Engineer

The "Unsupported Stations" option is not enabled and it'll just hang there. I can get it to fall if I remove a row or two about 20-30% from the top. But if I remove rows going from bottom to top, creating a section about 5-8 blocks tall each time (which always falls independently), it is about 70-80% from the bottom when the top section falls.

4. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

this is known issue and we are currently trying to figure out how we want it to act. The problem is, in some cases you expect grid like this to became dynamic and sometimes not. Even in same cases opinions of different people can differ.

Right now it's like this because it seems to be more player friendly and won't cause as much damage to players. And I believe it starts to happen from +256 blocks, it means if you split a grid and separated part have more than 256 blocks it won't became dynamic.

Thanks for the report!

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.