Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.5] Saved Colour Palate keeps altering/resetting values.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sentinel-Ghost, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

I have been encountering this bug for a while, each time I load a save, the Custom Colour palate I have for a particular world is either:

1) Completely resets to default/stock values

OR

2) A Colour changes its value very slightly to the point where using the "shift-P" command creates a colour that has "identical" values on the palate to the original colour- YET when its painted next to the original colour It shows up as slightly different

[​IMG]

The grey Shown is the SAME colour.

The colour is highlighted on the palate - (this was created by using "shift-P") Its values are completely identical to the Original grey that is on the Palate already [first cell, 2nd row]

However using either of these greys on the palate - painting themm alongside the colour already on the ship it shows as different. (shown in screenshot)

What is going on?

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

I always read that phrase in Xandir's voice...

Keen in their infinite wisdom chose to use floating point values for the colour definitions, and rounding errors occur when using shift-P to copy, and when saving/loading. It's been like that forever, so I wouldn't hold your breath expecting it to get fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zhiila Tester Staff

I already noticed color value rounding a bit sometimes. I just didn't have enough of time to find out how to reliably reproduce it. So if you have a way to reliably reproduce at least one of those issues mentioned above, share your steps to reproduce and I will make a ticket for it.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.