Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[ 1.186.5 ] Sound block bug, playing partial song because some bug with the loop timer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Neyna, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Neyna Trainee Engineer

The sound block is currently bugged (this happens very quickly in a DS game if you play sounds with sensors, it happens even in solo but it's harder to make it happen).
    Disconnecting or rebooting the server fixes it for a short time most of the time and it's not guaranteed.
    High number of player online (3+) seems to make this bug happen way more often. When solo on the DS it does not happen very often.

I think there is some strange interaction with the loop setting which activates itself even on sound you cant loop.

The timer starts at its max value, goes max value -2 and loop again, and this affect all sounds, even with no loop ability.

See that video to see it in action :

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I tried to reproduce it but I didn't. :(

I know sometimes sound stop playing almost immediately (that's reported) but to reset itself after 2 seconds, that's new for me. Don't you have some exact steps to reproduce?

Thanks!

3. Neyna Trainee Engineer

Hello,

We have sound stopping just after started too. And it starts being played again. But not for the full duration, it's cut before the end (the total duration seems to be the sound total time)

This bug is random but appears more often in multiplier. I had it only once when playing solo.
    I got this bug on both :
    - DS (it's happening 80%+ of the time when 3+ people are connected, it can bug for 2h then work for 10min then bug again)
    - when hosting the game and having friends joining my game.

I cant find a way to reproduce it. But it happens almost all the time as soon as we reach 4 people online in DS. You need to play long sounds (>2s) to notice it (or play a sound in loop).

As soon as i am alone on the DS, the bug vanishes most of the time and sounds are played correctly.

I have a base with a sensor playing a sound when someone comes in. After a lot of uses the bug occurs. When it occurs, everyone playing on the server is hearing the same thing, sound stopping after 1-2s and starting again for the duration of the sound. (instead of "welcome captain", we hear : "welcome cap... welco". It happens with all sounds in game like inventory full when trying to take something.

So one advise to reproduce it, start a DS and put 3 or 4 players on it and start spamming sound play until it happens.

I am using this mod Soundblock Female Voice : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357056042
    But it's only sounds and nothing else in it (i unzipped it to be sure). Most sounds there last more longer than vanilla sounds.
    The only other mod we are using is Space Just Got Real (1.186 Update 3) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136188499 which should have no impact on sounds.

This bug happens all the time and it's really annoying. If i can help you more just ask me.

EDIT :
    If you want i can send you a backup of our world.

EDIT2 : multiplier is really the trigger of this bug

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  4. Neyna Trainee Engineer

Were you able to reproduce it? It happens all the time when 3+ people are connected on DS or when hosting a game.

5. Zhiila Tester Staff

Sorry not yet, I was really busy with some other things last weeks.

We should have some bigger Multiplayer testing in few days so I will be able to try it there.

I will let you know.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.