Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.5] Switching hosts of a save messes up the inventory of the host

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Karlovsky120, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Karlovsky120 Trainee Engineer

Reproduction rate: 5 out of 5
    Affected version: 1.186.5

Reproduction steps:
    1. Start a game.
    2. Place any item in your inventory.
    3. Have another player join.
    4. Have them place another item in their inventory.
    5. Both enter cryogenic chambers.
    6. Save and quit the game.
    7. Send the save to the other player.
    8. Have that player host the game with that save.
    9. Join their game.

Observed behaviour: After logging in, you are greeted with the respawn screen instead of the the inside of the cryochamber. The other player, the new host, was spawned into your body, with all your profile data while you start as a new character.

The other players old character will remain in the cryochamber and if you switch who's the host again, the other player will spawn in that body, while you will get your old data back (but your duplicate will remain on the server again).

Expected behaviour: Regardless of who is the host, your profile stays the same. Basically, the save does not depend on who the host is.

Additional notes: I believe this is due to the fact that hosts are identified by being the host, while other players are identified by their what I assume is steamID. It seems like a clunky system. Wouldn't it be better if all players were handled the same, regardless if they're host or not?

If not, is there any particular reason why this isn't the case (if so, why?), or is this more of a legacy thing, from before the cryochambers were introduced?

This behavior mainly influences players who can't afford a dedicated server, but also don't want to depend on a single host. By sharing the save, anyone can play at anytime, alone or with someone else.

I would really appreciate your response.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Thanks for your feedback, i will pass this suggestion to our designers to look at it. I am not really able to answer why it is done this way as I am not a programmer.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.