Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.186.5 - World Stuttering/Freezing Constantly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by That One Guy, Jun 10, 2018.

1. That One Guy Trainee Engineer

I've been working on this world for almost a year with my friends and none of this really started happening till we moved from the moon (from Earth) to Mars. My game would be fine, but when somebody joined, then the game would lag like crazy. This was a while back and I'm not sure if this is still the case. But now, playing solo on this world, the game would freeze up every other minute for some time and go back to normal.

Reproducibility- Around every other minute, more or less

STR-
    1. Launch world
    2. Play

Additional Information- This world was created a long time ago with a lot of progress. When a friend joins, game is literally unplayable, error saying "low sim speed", but plays fine when solo. Only freezes up when in solo. Here's a video of what I mean when I say freezing-

Workshop (Don't worry about the "TEST", I needed to Save As in order to publish the world for some reason)- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1408212399

Log-

2. Roxette Junior Engineer

Investigation of the world shows two main issues - there is a huge amount of debris from damaged ships, and the planet files are huge, because of extensive meteor impact damage.

Suggested actions : first make a backup of the world, then disable meteor showers before loading (Load game > edit settings > advanced > environment hostility - safe) then load the game, enter "Space Master" with Alt-F10 and select "Cleanup" mode.

Suggested settings: check the boxes for stationary and linearly moving, less blocks than 20, further from player than 1000m, interval=10 sec, action=remove, enable the function so the button is labelled "Suspend". Also remove floating objects and optionally reduce the floating object count setting in the world settings. Let the game sit in that state for 10 minutes or so, then reduce the trash interval to 20 minutes. Save and exit, then re-enable meteor showers and reload - at that point you should find performance improved a lot and the frequent freezing gone.

Optionally step through the grids in "entity list" mode and delete those which you feel are junk - the less grids in the world, the better it will perform.

Good luck :)

3. That One Guy Trainee Engineer

Alright, I'll try this. Thanks for the suggestion and hopefully the fix!

4. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

In addition to Roxette' suggested cleanup, I would also set all the ore detectors to NOT broadcast via antennas. I find this helps with preventing the behaviour you're experiencing.