Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186] Graphics update or downgrade?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alsus, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Alsus Trainee Engineer

The new graphics update. I really didn't think that the day would come, that one of the updates would change the game so much I wouldn't enjoy playing it anymore. Sadly this happen'd with the last graphics overhaul. The post processing mess that is now present doesn't allow me to continue my work on one of my larger ships simply because I cant see anything inside of it. Not only does it look like my cosmonaut is on LSD and put his helmet on right after finishing a bowl of cheetos, it seem that my flashlight doesn't shine as much as it used to. Using ships with spotlight on them doesn't help much either. In addition armour blocks look greasy and scratched.

View from inside of unfinished hangar.
    [​IMG]

Flashlight doesn't help much.
    [​IMG]

Its so bad, I cant even tell what colour those blocks are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't get me wrong. I'm really glad that KEEN still works on the game and still works on big updates, but sometimes big update doesn't necessarily mean a good thing (especially this one). Well the wheels a good, even tho I don't really use them, but the graphics bug me. I certainly don't mean to hate on KEEN. I'm the last person to hate on my fallow Czechs, which I'm very proud off. I'm simply saying the graphics overhaul was a misstep and should be fixed.

PS. I'm aware of all the mod trying to fix this.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sich Trainee Engineer

Maybe you should add some light inside your ship no ?
    I see no lights on your pictures...

3. Alsus Trainee Engineer

I don't have light yet because the ships is still under construction. I'm used to make rooms and corridors first and then add lights and power grids. Right now, I cant see what I'm building and what colour it has and that's a bit of a problem for me.

4. Burillo Junior Engineer

scaffolding and temporary lights? like what happens in, you know, real world?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Alsus Trainee Engineer

Unnecessarily added extra steps that were not needed before. Plus I tried small ship with spotlights as support. The glossiness and scratches on blocks make it hideous and reflections on armour are super annoying as they make it hard to say what colour the blocks are. I simply want the old visuals back as they were better in almost every way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

Looks great, and should be even darker

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Sarven Trainee Engineer

I think the overhaul is fantastic, expect for one thing... The Game is Extremely Fragile, especially on Multiplayer with Lag Common Place at the slightest event

8. Grimly Trainee Engineer

I'd like the steel blocks to be less oiled. The reflection is just way too high.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alsus Trainee Engineer

Exactly. I think they tried to make them look more steel-ish but the reflections are too much.

10. Blackbomber200 Trainee Engineer

11. Barrio575 Apprentice Engineer

Since this is an engineering game, maybe you should engineer some lighting for construction instead of having a feature or change to a feature fix "issues", such as what you are showing.

12. PLJ Trainee Engineer

Updat fixed most if not all (didnt check everything yet) of the issues /me thinks

This looka absolutely amazing, on medium .. (I was on that all along fyi)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.