Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186] Welder keep welding after finishing the block

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Spets, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. kittle Senior Engineer

my point here is there is no visual indicator the welding wall is done welding the layer of blocks as the welding sparks never stop. Since your not using a hand welder, there is no progress bar to look at, plus the welding wall can weld 100s of blocks at once.

try it sometime with a 5k or 10k block blueprint

2. Kezat Trainee Engineer

Really don't like this change, gameplay should rely on the UI less not more.

3. Sibz Apprentice Engineer

Prefer old way also.

4. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

I kinda figured it would be obvious, particularly with an arc welding solution such as the modules on ships and stations, would continue to weld as long as they are held to the joint (or in this case, block) until you cut the power. I mean, tbh, arc welding in space seems kinda far-fetched anyway, but in atmosphere, if you've ever seen or personally performed arc welding, you'd know that it doesn't stop until a) you pull the tip away, or b) the electrode melts sufficiently.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

My friend, you seem to have ignored the far more important issue; this is Space Engineers, not Welding Simulator 2018- the welder has functioned the way it did for over 4 years and it was 100% PERFECT, giving clear feedback as to when blocks were finished or you ran out of parts to finish them. Now, you can't tell without looking at the progress bar constantly- and you can't tell at all if you have your HUD turned off.

The overwhelming majority feel the same way- certain things need to be more realistic to make the game play well/better, certain things need to be more video-gamey for ease of use and better enjoyment. I am saddened you can't see something I figured would be so obvious...

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. TripleSixPeasant Trainee Engineer

Waggling a welder across a large section of blocks and waiting for sparks was very effective. Now you need to point at each block individually, wait for the UI to pop up and check the % value. Please change it back. Welder flame is a nice touch tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. HarbingerDawn Trainee Engineer

Actually that still works fine, as this issue only affects hand welders. Ship welders still work as before.

8. henkbein Apprentice Engineer

Ahem ... Silence ... Keen Software House? ... Echo 'House House House' dies away ... Silence ...

Might be speaking to an empty room, but:
    Can you explain the deep strategy behind this 'new welding'.
    The 'Works as intended' does not magically overcome player complaints.
    Please elaborate.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  9. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

Hey @Zhiila , any chance you can help fix this obvious mistake- you're the man whom gets stuff done around here these days it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zhiila Tester Staff

It will change, I am not sure how exactly but it will. Previously I didn't like the fact you were not able to turn welder on while not aiming at a block, so just returning back to previous state wouldn't work me. But something like sparks being created only when welding unfinished block could work well.

Actually I made a ticket for it some time ago and it's a part of our plan :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

will keen buckle to the demands of the players or keep it their way?
    [isn't that how we got planets?] only time will tell.

tbh i don't mind it. then again I've only been playing since 2016. in just enough time to enjoy the old style blocks and wheels before things got fancy It's a nice way to show off the visuals which i generally dislike but i gotta admit they look pretty damn good.
    the other day i set a warhead off in a mine to try and expose some ore and to my amazement the smoke from the blast come up through the tunnels i dug instead of just coming though the ground. that actually surprised me quite a bit.

12. ExpendableGrunt Trainee Engineer

Now that this is back to working again, is it intentional that the welder continues to spark if the block is incomplete, but you run out of components? In my opinion, this is also counter-intuitive.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I agree...a lot. I can't tell you how many heavy armor blocks I've welded where I've run out of grid and it just keeps going. Gr-r-r-r-r!!! :mad:

14. pologoalie8908 Trainee Engineer

so by most of this logic, if i jump/fall my jet pack should automatically arrest my momentum...if i hit F while looking at the ground, i dont get to interface with the ground...get your heads out of your a**es Keen

15. kittle Senior Engineer

Well they seem to have fixed the welding sparks not stopping when a block is finished. The welder flame keeps going -- which is a nice touch.

But the welding sparks still stay on if you run out of components, and the red text message no longer displays.

16. Zhiila Tester Staff

I've made a ticket for sparks during welding without components, it will be fixed.

Thanks for letting us know!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Myrkur Trainee Engineer

apparently this was fixed in the last update not a bug my ass

• Late Late x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.