Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.188] [SP] Voxel hands has imaginary barrier?

Discussion in 'General' started by boromir, Oct 31, 2018.

1. boromir Apprentice Engineer

So I was working along terraforming the surface level Stone on Creative Easy Earth and it suddenly stopped. I was able to trace out an invisible line on the side it was not working on and the other it was. Is this normal behavior? I reloaded the game and restarted several times, all times the same invisible line is there. What's going on?

2. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Planets are actually cubes and my theory is you've hit one of the edges. If you start again on the other side of the line does it work? How about a video to show what is happening?

3. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I can go several (~10) blocks away from the line and it still won't work, but I'll try to get a video tonight.
    --- Automerge ---
    I uploaded video:

4. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Hmm... not sure what the issue is there. Couple things:
    1) are the dynamic grids docked below somehow in the way? (consider subgrids as well)
    b) is the section you can' place really high up above the voxels below (ie: is it a cliff that I can't see due to the base floor in the way?)

That's as far as I can help I'm afraid.

5. Malware Master Engineer

Well, I seem to remember something about planets consisting of sectors. They're not just giant asteroids - which, as correctly stated are really cubic, contrary to those planets consists of two different technologies: heightmaps and voxels, the first being used where there are no voxel modifications. This may or may not be part of your issue. I may also be wrong about the sector thing but it does make sense to me

6. boromir Apprentice Engineer

@Malware, Is it worth logging a bug ticket?

7. Malware Master Engineer

@boromir Oh sure, given that I'm not even sure I'm remembering right, so yes, absolutely. Better one report too many than one too few. All I'm saying is that it might be a reasonable limitation.

That video of yours sure looks strange enough. Even if it is a reasonable limitation they might be able to do something about it.