Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.26_06][Everything Super Bright]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dakroth, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dakroth Apprentice Engineer

I've always had an issue with the brightness of light sources in the game (and the inability to turn interior light intensity to a much more comfortable 0.02 without a mod,) but after updating, even my modded low-intenisty lights are still way too bright. Don't get me wrong, whatever you did with lighting and color has made things a whole lot clearer and nice looking, but we've got J.J. Abrahms level blooming going on here now. Also, blocks are reacting strangely to being colored (color a cryo pod black, it becomes purple, etc,) but that is another matter.

For your consideration: Graphics and Display options are in every case incomplete without a user-changeable brightness setting. I'll buy the game again just to get that put in! Seriously! ;)

-Dakroth

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. kittle Senior Engineer

if this has always been a problem - maybe try turning down the brightness on your monitor?

3. Dakroth Apprentice Engineer

It has only been a problem for *this* particular game. If I turn my general brightness down any more, I won't be able to see anything but SE. :p

-Dakroth

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Moth1274 Trainee Engineer

5. Seth82 Trainee Engineer

Same here, everything for me is super bright and i can't see what the ore is when i am prospecting in my ship, and i can barely see while i am mining by hand.

this for me has only been since the last patch 01.125.

6. Felys Trainee Engineer

Same here...
    Before update, the station i'm building in an asteroid was pitch black without light so i put a lot of light everywhere...
    And that was great ! We're not supposed to see in a hole :p

Since the last patch, inside the asteroid, one light is enough to see everywhere :(

7. Neochrome Trainee Engineer

Yupp same here...

8. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Tonemapping is acting up, luckily it can be disabled...
    This tip is for Medieval Engineers, but works the same in SE:

9. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hey guys.

Thank you for the report. Recently we've introduced the Tonemapping back again together with eye adaptation. We're still polishing it so keep posting the issues you find. Also, please post the type of GPU you are using to run the game :)

Regards,
    PF

10. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

I have same problem. To solve it I've turned off eye adaptation in debug menu. It's still bright but playable. Also lowering bloom effect should be considered and lowering sun light strength.

I'm running game on nVidia cards. Chipset 2x580m GTX with forced SLI (alienware M18xR1 configuration). My drivers are out of date, from January - I can't update em till end of April.

11. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

My GPU is a GTX560, drivers from 314.22 to latest have this issue.

12. Dakroth Apprentice Engineer

GPU is a standard Nvidia GTX 570, for reference

13. Felys Trainee Engineer

Gpu : Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Tri-x oc, 4Go

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.