Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

172.018 - DS - Random viewpoints of other players

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by demolish50, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Everyone is reporting this on my server. Randomly when your semi close to someone, you may get to see their point of view. If they are in a cockpit, you get to see their view as them in their cockpit. You can't move their ship but you can see as if you were them.

2. Jan5366 Trainee Engineer

This issue occur all the time on our DC Server .. it makes the game mostly unplayable ...

ist most of the time occure if:

Player A sit i a copit and player B enter the render range. (like jumping or connecting)
    This issue persist after relogging which makes this so critical. (is only stops after both player are reconected or one player leave the array)
    It also persist if play A leve the cockpit.

thanks for this hint ... we can use this as workaround fix but this issue occurs all the time so its not really a great solution over time.

(I add my response here as well since there are 2 bug reports for this issue)

3. demolish50 Senior Engineer

I firmly believe, based on how many bugs keep making it from dev to stable, after they have been reported for weeks, that this forum is all but ignored now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Muttly (Muttly's Pirates) Trainee Engineer

Yer the it's supper anoying, appears to be an issue with cameras and remote block. Essentially the server default camera gets set to the entity id of the remote block's camera. This makes it so that any player within antenna range of the ship has there view switched to that other camera whenever ship is being used. The only way to clear it is to stop the server, open the save and set it back to default and start server again. So first off open your sandbox.sbc file. If you have the bug within the first 30 lines you'll see code looking like this

<SpectatorIsLightOn>false</SpectatorIsLightOn>
    <CameraController>Entity</CameraController>
    <CameraEntity>121120076312250342</CameraEntity>

So you need to set the entity back to 0 and remove the camera controller line so it looks like this.

<SpectatorIsLightOn>false</SpectatorIsLightOn>
    <CameraEntity>0</CameraEntity>

Once you done that open up the sandbox_0_0_0_.sbs file and search the term
    <BindedCamera> there will be alot, your looking for any cam that is not set to 0

Now this bug has been around a while but at least it only happens occasionally, however since last patch I'm seeing the camera now being bound to cyro chambers constantly, which has forced me to Ban t he use off themj till the issue is resolved

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tylus Apprentice Engineer

Nice research thank you for that. i am going to try that ;-)

6. demolish50 Senior Engineer

I can assure you it is not strictly related to to the remote block.

7. Tylus Apprentice Engineer

We had this today as well. One was in Terminal and the other was flying in its cockpit.

When the one in the cockpit enabled the ships beacon the other player (about 4 km away) saw his view.

It stopped after disabling the beacon again.

8. scorpnoire Apprentice Engineer

I was able to 'switch' perspective back to my own when changing into 3rd person...although I was unable to interact with any terminal or block in 3rd person until the other players cockpit was destroyed.

Also it persisted disregarding the beacon and even when respawning.
    Trying to refresh the medbay in the respawn list at some point left me in my own perspective.

High prio Blocker issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Not that anyone cares but this bug all but prevents PvP. You know when someone is near.

10. kittle Senior Engineer

Ran into the same problem here. When you are the one with the viewpoint change, comitting suicide seems to fix it.
    I also checked the save file for The camera entity thing, but found nothing. probably because there are no cryo chambers on the server.

11. Muttly (Muttly's Pirates) Trainee Engineer

Prevents anyone doing anything! server is running horrible now since patch, while, yes as an admin server have been getting Easyer to manage and less hassell to admn. But as a player at the moment there experience is horrid. On my server I have had to drop 4 slots since beta launch to ease the rubber banding and the awful, awful AWFUL server hitch anytime a player connects and disconnects. At peak times with full server and constant atempeted connection from peeps trying to get on. Im. quite frankly embarrassed at how bad it gets with a server hitch every 10 secs or so.

12. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

Same issue on my DS.

13. BloodThunder Trainee Engineer

Been having this issue on my [stable] DS. It happens EVERY time I return from Admin Tools to Player Control. I will return not to myself, but to another (logged out) player's body in his cryo pod. I've also had reports of this happening to my players during spawns, but it's less frequent, probably due to their low proximity to other players.

14. Roxette Senior Engineer

15. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

now we all know how Darth Vader feels and sees :D

but yes this needs to be a High Priority fix....

16. hlws Tester Staff

Hi guys,
    We were able to reproduce this bug using two identical ship and merging them together and unmerging them. Eventually the view gets glitched. Thank you very much for your feedback, the issue has been reported to the programmers.
    Have a nice day :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

this also happens to people that are not even in cockpits, i was on a streamers server, 3 of us gained the view point of another that also was not in a cockpit and went back to normal, then gained the same viewpoint all at the same times

18. Star Weaver Apprentice Engineer

This was happening to us on 172 DEV, but isn't happening anymore in current 173 DEV.

When it did happen it was fixable by pressing the 'back to my own head' button which is I think f6 by default; but I don't know if you need spectating enabled to 'unspectate' like that.

19. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

Seems like nobody cares about stable branch and we should play for a month with game breaking bug.

20. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

Not fixed by latest hotfix in stable branch. Also, changing camera using square brackets can give you access to cameras on other ship.

21. scorpnoire Apprentice Engineer

@Devs: any update on this issue?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.