Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1_151_005 Dev] Wheeled Grids Copy/Pasting Cause Explosions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by StewB, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. StewB Trainee Engineer

A few updates ago this started then I saw in the changelog it was fixed - however any wheeled grid I attempt to copy/paste still explodes. There seems to be specific conditions on this though - any old wheeled grid pastes in fine, until I update there wheel settings then it will explode upon the next copy/paste attempt. Furthermore any attempt to paste in a wheeled grid on a world where they have exploded once results them exploding anytime I attempt a copy/paste of them after that.

I hope this provide enough information :D

2. Lynnux Junior Engineer

Confirmed. I have this bug since 1.149 or 1.150.
    Copy & Paste can be done by simple Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V or by loading the blueprint of the same object (again), doesn't matter.
    It's not limited to suspension wheels but affects also creations with rotors. It looks like a stator on the newly pasted grid tries to attach to a rotor on the existing grid (or vice versa, a rotor tries to attach to an existing stator). The new grid or parts of it move very fast to the existing grid thereby developing high destructive forces tearing the new grid apart and destroying everything in its path.

Therefore I call it the "Fatal Attraction" bug.

Btw. if you have blueprints which act this way you can modify them and switch "destructive blocks" off. Then paste one and watch it rocketing to its destination. Paste more of them and watch them finally dancing around each other. Best guided missile in this game so far :woot:

Once I managed to paste a second ship without being destroyed but I don't know why. Maybe the different orientation helped.
    --- Automerge ---
    Update: This happens in the world where the object was created and if the object is still in the world.

I can copy the world, delete the object and save the world. Thereafter I can paste many of those objects without explosion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Confirmed, tested in an empty world on default settings [1_151_005 Dev].
    To corroborate what has been found:
    • Copy and pasting results in the new stator or wheel suspension attaching to the original piston head/wheel (tested by using Ctrl+Shift+C to copy only the stator/suspension).
    • Copy pasting just the rotor head or wheel does not produce the bug.
    • If the original is removed/destroyed the bug does not happen (tested by using Ctrl+X). I.e. copies do not attach to each other, only to the original.
    System:
    Windows 10
    i5-4590T
    GTX 860M variant with 2GB GDDR5 (Alienware Alpha custom board)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. Psithief Trainee Engineer

Yep, I've got this too and a nice world to test with.

This world has destructible blocks unchecked, so you may see more interesting effects.

Ctrl+C (copy), Ctrl+V (paste): Original ship rotor part detaches and attempts to connect to the new ship. Also, all the wheels fall off.

Ctrl+X (cut), Ctrl+V (paste): Original ship removed, new ships have all their rotors and wheels fall apart.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758103688

5. Foogs Apprentice Engineer

Video!

--- Automerge ---
    bump

6. jonnytaco Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm as well that this happens for both rotors and wheels. If you copy and paste an already existing grid in the world it will try and merge them via god level clang violence!

7. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

when i copy/paste a grid with locked rotors they fall apart instead of exploding

• Like Like x 1
  8. jonnytaco Apprentice Engineer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.