Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

3 questions

Discussion in 'General' started by jaunetajabe, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. jaunetajabe Apprentice Engineer

1) Does anybody know if it is possible to change a ship from light armour blocks to heavy armour blocks with "one click" ?

2) How to precisely adjust rotor piston etc speed meter? How to move it to almost 0?

3) A scripting guide? With functions classes etc? Where could I find it?

2. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

1) None that I know of.

2) for any slider crtl-click allows you to type a precise value.

3) I can't program worth anything. I'll let others reply. I do know it is C# and the 2 main wiki sites have a list of API methods. (Dated?)

3. Stormigedon Trainee Engineer

last I checked: very, there used to be a class browser of sorts you could look at, (in spaceengineers\tools it came with the game) but it's been missing for some time now and I don't think it's back though I haven't checked. @jaunetajabe as an (poor) alternative you can try the programming sub forum, especially if you have a specific problem, or download a few scripts and learn from there. IIRC every class has a getproperties and getmethods method that can be really helpful if you know how to iterate over a list. Also Echo() is very useful, takes a string argument and outputs it to the details section of the control panel for the PB

4. Yeoman Apprentice Engineer

For changing light armor to heavy I've used SE Toolbox before. It's a third party program designed for stuff like that. If you search the forum you should be able to find it.

5. Spets Master Engineer

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Malware Master Engineer

For 3; many scripters use Visual Studio to write their scripts, which provides us with the api in the forum of intellisense and the object browser. As for documentation, there is none. Go to Keen's discord where there is a channel dedicated for ingame scripting, you can get any question answered there.

7. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

2) For more precise rotor movement I prefer to use the Upper and Lower limits as an adjustable catch and simply rotate the the rotor clockwise and counterclockwise until the limit is hit. Then nudge the limit a very small fraction of a degree until the target is hit.

8. jaunetajabe Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for all your answers!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.