Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

3rd Person View: Broken for the last 85 Updates

Discussion in 'General' started by High Ground, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spets Master Engineer

so, if they changed it because MP cheating... then... make and on/off option for server/host only

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Harrekin Master Engineer

The OP claims to know the exact date it happened, maybe they could just check the change-logs?

3. Malware Master Engineer

The shift to 1st person. The behavior you're demonstrating here though, that must be a bug, because it seems very overzealous. But honestly, I still feel the shift to 1st person is the wrong solution in general and I'd like to know why they did it this way.

4. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I noticed (while running tests to figure out why my simspeed dropped to 0.25 for the last update or two) that when I turned on a connector on the back of a ship to throw out items, the camera instantly went from third person to first person and became locked that way. I don't think third person cam should collide/be interfered with by floating objects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

6. Taemien Apprentice Engineer

If the devs tomorrow decided to remove third person entirely (maybe to make things immersive, maybe to avoid other MP cheats, or maybe to avoid fixing the bugs with it, doesn't matter), you know what the forum backlash would be.

And if I were to say the same thing I just quoted from you. I'd likely get a warning from a forum mod.

But I'd have the same right as you do to say that. Since I do normally play in first. It would be easy for -me- to 'deal with it'. But that'd be unfair wouldn't it? Maybe you wouldn't think so, maybe you don't care. But many would think so. Many do use third person. Or even rely on it.

I don't agree that the issue that the OP and others are claiming to be game breaking is actually game breaking. But at the same time, I do empathize with them on this. I don't wish to force my way of playing on them. They don't have the ability to properly pilot and use some unique designs. And I would recommend that you consider the same. It doesn't hurt anyone to have their issue fixed, bug or not. If needed server admins can set their server settings however they wish.

Space Engineers should be accommodating to all sorts of design specs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Harrekin Master Engineer

But you also reach a point where you have to play the game that you're given (which might not be EXACTLY what you want) because vanilla can't be everything for everyone.

The studio made a design decision, I don't even agree with it but it was made intentionally.

I have no skin in this, I was only contesting the assertion it was a bug (which it was not).

8. Taemien Apprentice Engineer

There are consequences to such decisions. Internal decisions aren't made in a vacuum.

9. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

10. Harrekin Master Engineer

Just FYI, selective quoting is a sign of failure.

11. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

No and No... Here is the link a 4th time: https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/third-person-view-is-broken.7366690/

LOL @ "failure" says the one who fails to support their claim and ignores evidence that counters it.

12. gchristopher Apprentice Engineer

Thank you thank you thank you for that great summary of this bug.

The camera should NEVER be forced back into 1st person from 3rd person view. At worst, it should be pinned up against the side of the current grid.

This bug is a continual annoyance, especially since there's a nasty delay: camera gets stuck in 1st person, ALT-wiggle-mouse... wait... hope... wait.... and if you're lucky, you found a spot for the camera to go so it leaves the cockpit! Otherwise, try to move it a little more and hope, and repeat until it works or you just give up on 3rd person working for a bit.

Ugly interface bug, I hope they can kill it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.