Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

3x3 slope and 3x3 slope inv glass please

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by DKSDevil, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DKSDevil Trainee Engineer

There's a lot of glass configurations missing that could make my skybridge and observation deck look so much better.

2. HexZyle Trainee Engineer

Isn't a 3x3 glass slope just a 45 degree slope that you can achieve with multiple 1x1 slopes?
    Or are you talking about a 3:1 slope? (Causing an angle between the glass and support to be 22.5/67.5 degrees)

3. Martinineter Senior Engineer

What if they implented procedural generated glass, select between which points the glass should be placed and then generate it. With some limit offcourse, like 6x6x6. The needed materials and strenght of it would be determined by the size of the glass. I could see it work ingame.

4. Leif_The_Head Apprentice Engineer

+1 for dynamic glass! (oh and I'd like it for slopes, too, so we could create 2:1 slopes with heavy armor, or even some weird 2:3 ones ^^)

But honestly, something dynamic as this would throw the whole engine over, needing the devs to rework literally everything.

5. Hexicube Apprentice Engineer

Not necessarily, it depends how the game works out the basic mesh of an object. It could potentially be a very simple thing to implement, but making the controls to make one in 3D space is an issue.

6. Leif_The_Head Apprentice Engineer

Maybe as long as the armor slopes have one side dedicated to fit in the block grid and the other side to be just plane, this probably could work. I am not sure how this works with the code thou, and that is what lead me to the assumption that the block-based engine doesnt work well with that.

7. DKSDevil Trainee Engineer

Ohh yes I do like that idea much better!

Also need a better way of knowing which side is tinted or not. I'm always getting it wrong.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.