Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

A gyro-beacon - is there a way to "nudge" it ?

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Casegard, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Casegard Trainee Engineer

Hey mates..

I finally got the code running to make a gyro based beacon. This means just a beacon that can be deployed from high altitude and when it drops to the ground it should stand vertical on its food. Like I said this works so far - but!

But it seams the whole thing needs a initial "nudge" to start the gyro alignment. If it is laying on the ground and I push it manually a bit then it "stands up" and the alignment works. The question is - is this an expected behaviour? And if so has someone an idea how to work around it? The beacon has no thrusters (at least for now) to wiggle it a bit.

Sidenote: also is it normal that the pitch direction (sign) is opposite to the input value? This means when I set the slider for pitch to "+1 rpm" the output of
    Code:
    Echo(aGyro.Pitch.ToString())
    is "-1 rpm". The alignment of the gyros "Forward/Up/Left" is checked against the reference control block and they are equal.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.