Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

A little help with IMyRadioAntenna Update needed...

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Casegard, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Casegard Trainee Engineer

Hi Mates,
    I have a little trouble to gasp how the IMyRadioAntenna is supposed to work. The Question is when does the UpdateFrequency.Antenna call the "main" of my programmable script.

I have set the Antenna linked to the PB in charge and set all the usual settings for the antenna.

When I log the the " public Main(string argument, UpdateType aSource) " it seams not to fire. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Maybe someone can give me a little code snipped where the inter grid communication with Antennas is used.

Thanks in advance
    Case

2. Wicorel Senior Engineer

3. Casegard Trainee Engineer

Ah I think I got it .. I took the liberty and poked a bit around in your git-repository (I hope this is ok) and it looks like I misunderstood the whole antenna thingy. I thought the antennas transmit messages when they find, for example ore patches (broadcasted from the ore detector) but it turns out you have to actively transmit messages with your antennas (like positions / POI coordinates).

Thank you very much mate, your replay to my question was very helpful and pushed me in the right direction.

Case

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.