Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Adding more animals and biomes in ME

Discussion in 'Modding' started by hunterhawks, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. hunterhawks Trainee Engineer

Hello, maybe you can add more animal like rabbits, pigs, Boar, chickens, cow

and biome like tundra, swamp, and ocean when it's can possible maybe :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

swamp and ocean...with no water?

3. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Swamp can be just texture slowing player, when he step on it... it can be nice obstacle force, multiple players pull our wagon from it, or catch enemy in it.
    ( but i think SE engine had some problems using triggers for areas with diferent conditions ( like +2 gravity on 10x10x1m ))

Ocean - water missing for sure :(

4. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

I would love to see more biomes, and some more variety to the terrain. But it has to work well, and fit within the game engine limitations.

Desert or tundra biomes should be something that could be done. Tundra maybe making food usage increase ( as there is no hot/cold metric ) and desert being short on trees and places to grow food and also drain your stamina faster. The tricky bit is to give people reasons to go into these areas. Maybe make the ore generation more generous in the harsh terrain?

Having more animal types would be another thing that would make the game better. Some thing more than deer that bark like dogs :)

Wolves, bears, wild boar, rabbits. Some things that drop food....some things that tear your face off and treat you as food. That would be good.

Having more variety to the world should be achievable in term of the voxels if Med is using basically the same approach to SE planets. I know how those are put together and what can be done with them...and making terrain and voxel changes according to regions is definitely possible. It' hard-coded into the planets design and not random, but you can do it quite easily. The hard bit is then making the game treat the player differently according to the terrain area. Within the existing parameters....something could surely be done.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.