Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Admin override of Block Limits

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Steelhelix, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Steelhelix Trainee Engineer

I've been helping to Admin a server with in-game block limits and I can't express how frustrating it is to not be able to paste a ship in because it exceeds the limits in some manner. Also, a message telling us in what way we've exceeded the limit would be greatly appreciated.

2. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

As far as Im aware the only limit is actual total volume of blocks, if so you can click details in the blueprint menu and it will tell you how many blocks it is. If the admin/owner wants to put in something bigger I guess they can just use SE toolbox as I don't think the limits apply to it.

3. Steelhelix Trainee Engineer

The guy who owns the server put in some pretty restrictive per block limits using KSH's system. With that being said and because I already have the max of some of those limits, the game won't let paste in ships that cause me to exceed those limits.

4. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I'm not certain, but I seem to recall seeing something in the players screen where you could adjust an individuals block limits, now this could be up to the server max, or allow you to go beyond that, I'm not quite sure.

If it only works up to a maximum on server you may wish to ask him to raise the overall then limit the players.

5. Steelhelix Trainee Engineer

I'm not sure how raising the limit would work, as more then likely I'll max that limit out again. As an example there is currently a limt of 4 refineries per player. If the server limit is raised to say 8. Should I, as the admin, limit myself to a number lower then that to help players in need? If so, why? I'm just as much a player on the server as everyone else.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.