Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Adult players corp/server (EU)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by kern4444, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. kern4444 Trainee Engineer

I'm looking for server/games with adult (18+ min.) players who like roleplay and/or building (survival or creative). No griefing and limited PvP. I can only play on EU servers due to lag.

I'm tired of griefers and public servers; and single player is not as interesting as multi.

If you want to have creative player on your team, send me a message and I'll give you my steam nick so you can add me.

Edit: found and joined a corp
    http://www.spaceengineerswiki.com/Faction:AAC

2. Fab Apprentice Engineer

why only 18+?

3. Njordin Trainee Engineer

looking for exactly the same! ; )

4. Kiccsavo Apprentice Engineer

When you get older, you'll understand.

5. Skeloton Master Engineer

And just like that the maturity drops throug the floor. Just a heads up many 20yr olds i know have less maturity than many 16-19yr olds i know.

6. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

Damned space engineers taking all the jobs.......

7. kern4444 Trainee Engineer

Good luck! Can't wait for dedicated servers.

8. OrangeAaron Apprentice Engineer

I don't support ageism in any way... Stupid government.

9. paswert Junior Engineer

This is stupid, just cause your not an adult you're immature?

That's really immature of you.

A 16yr old.

10. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

Just because an adult wants to exclude younger people doesn't mean you're thought as immature.

I usually don't mind playing with younger players cause usually the issue never comes up. You can go months with players without knowing the others age. But it always comes to a point where people want to converse while playing. Voice or text chat. When an older player realizes they are talking about things they would rather not talk with a minor about, things can get uncomfortable. Especially the adult. So he would prefer to play with people closer to his age because likely, he feels more comfortable around them.

11. kern4444 Trainee Engineer

Thank you for presentation why I want to join 18+ community. :)

This also. Sometimes I need someone who will understand my ranting about boss after 11 hrs of work; and that in next 2 hrs I have for playing, I want to relax by slowly building something.

12. Montie10c Trainee Engineer

Playing exlusivly with mature persons, would decrease the risk of young, too excited players. And i think also, that younger players could easy impressed by adult themes wich come up often in chat or TS.

13. paswert Junior Engineer

What do you mean by "Adult themes"?

14. Montie10c Trainee Engineer

Themes young people about age 12 shouldn´t be envolved with like worshipping ethanol in H2O or extremly brutal topics for wich you already have crated the right mentality to understand.

i mean they will be exposed to this themes sooner or later, but like Jikanta said you will feel more comfortable not to be the reason why.

15. VoxSE Trainee Engineer

Im from europe and have 31 years old. I tried the game in single player, but after a while gets boring, never the less its an interesting game, specealy if we can make something in a team spirit. Im avaible to join this server, ty.

16. paswert Junior Engineer

What do you mean by that, your religion is based around alcohol?

17. Baleur Trainee Engineer

Can people stop talking about ages? Lots of servers or guilds in games have age restrictions, relax about it, don't take things on the internet so personally..
    I'm in btw, also looking for co-op willing players who don't grief (putting your server public is pointless at the moment as the majority of players who join apparently didnt buy the game to actually play it, just to ram into things).
    Same name on steam, Baleur

18. R3N3G4D3 Apprentice Engineer

Thank god, i have a very similar thread expressing my lack of patience when it comes to the public, i am looking for exactly the same, based in the UK have two or three friends that play aswell, age ranges between 26 and 32. And Baleur i cant even count the amount of times i've said exactly the same, why on earth do people buy this game if not to build and exchange ideas. And to any 'Youngers' that get offended, the same thing that allows you to log into our world and smash it up allows us to select specific player base to play with, freedom of choice. Steam addy is R3N3G4D3/renegooch. Look forward to hearing from some of you

19. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

Mate, it is enough asking for mature players, no need to go out asking for a specific age group. Whilst i am going to say that i am over 18 i will also say that maturity drops rather quickly among the older people i happen to know.

just don't exclude perfectly fine people from your game. Choose to play with the mature ones, rather than the older ones. I don't even understand why you're so scared of imprinting your "adult" ideas on the younger generations.

20. toxi Apprentice Engineer

i like the idea about a mature server .. but a agree, age is not the best indicator for that, but often its the best indicator available.

in minecraft, there where some server who took you automaticaly on the whitelist after solving a mathematical problem. those where the best server :D

21. Captain Snyder Apprentice Engineer

How the player acts in the server should be considered on if they should stick in the server or not.

Hell if you want, make an application for the server. Anybody who's not authorized gets kicked from the server.

Doesn't sound too hard, just sounds annoying.

Though, really. I don't think age needs to be a big problem, I'm fifteen, and a Freshman in my High school and I've been known to not act or seem like a Freshmen. Hell, i'll join your server. I have the mind of an adult.

22. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

No, most children are immature, a lot of adults are also. But if you believe that ALL immaturity is bad then you are misunderstanding. For the most part Children are annoying immature, especially in videogames over voice chat, yelling and what have you. (DONT GET ME WRONG IM NOT SAYING YOU SPECIFICALLY, just straight up MOST kids are annoying) and then you can be immature in other ways, and be clever about it. i like blocking my friends in with heavy armor when they go afk.
    Not that all kids are terrible..... just..... most...... so why not be safe and say adults only.

23. Conradian Moderator

Because adults can be worse? Why not, as suggested, have an application, where you can judge based on their ability to apply how mature they are. It's how I do it.

24. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

what i would like is to know of a teamspeak server that has a good active community that plays space engineers.. i live on the northwest coast of the US and have a lot of time on my hands (i'm disabled) and play this game a lot.. i'm rather hesitant of playing with others right now for griefing reasons.. but i would like to be a part of a TS server group so i can talk SE with good people while i play single player..

i'm 31 btw

25. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

i was thinking with %s, a higher percentages of kids are annoying over adults. if you dont think this is true, then you are a saint that loves all children, or are a child. I'm not trying to be insulting, I was under 18 once.

26. Neverathome Apprentice Engineer

Why 18+ for me?, The only reason when i prefer it, is while using ts3 because some jokes or conversations can get verry nasty and we don't want the paren't to kick in ts3 (already happend one time back in the wow day's lol using ventrillo.)

Anywayz ya can always add me :) Steam id:Neverathome

kind regards

27. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

what a group that i was a part of in STO (Star Trek Online for those who don't know what STO is) did was put an age disclaimer at the top of the ts server that explained it all out in big red letters.. if a parent comes on complaining about the conversation that disclaimer shut them up right away.. if a parent doesn't want their children listening to guys trading stories that aren't necessarily pg13 then the parents should monitor their children's internet activity more.. thats my 2 cents on that subject..

28. extraammo Senior Engineer

The age requirement has NOTHING to do with how mature you think you are. It has to do with being appropriate. There is no reason for all these kids to be getting upset that there is one group they can't join. So what? If they made a girls only group I wouldn't complain. If there was a kids only group I wouldn't complain about that either.
    The fact that kids are coming in and trying to tell the OP how to make his own group is one of the reasons that the OP doesn't really want to play with kids all the time.

29. Hawthorn Apprentice Engineer

I'm sorry to get psychological, but there is a scientific basis for measuring an individual's moral development. You can see this as their "maturity".

According to Kohlberg's stages of moral development, most children, and a fair number of adults, never reach the third stage of morality. An individual who has reached the third stage will behave in a manor that improves their reputation in the minds of others. They will actively seek their approval. These people have the ability to follow rules, and have a sense of obligation and duty. You would want to play multiplayer SE with a stage-three person.

Most "immature" people are limited to stage two; the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" morality. They are unable to see from another person's viewpoint. It is a morality rooted in self-interest. A second-level individual would most likely be unhelpful, annoying, a PvPer, or a troll.

30. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

you hit it right on the nose there.. this is the main reason why i don't multiplay manny games.. if i could get into a group of such individuals (stage three) that would be most appealing.. i'm not a PvPer in any way shape or form.. i find its more fun to play WITH someone toward a common goal than AGAINST someone.. although human nature in of itself can make the most logical and "mature" person want to ram a ship into someone elses just for the fun of it..

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.