Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Adult players corp/server (EU)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by kern4444, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Beachernaut Trainee Engineer

Simply stated. Setting an age limit is by far the easiest way to gather mature players. It's not an insult to those under the age limit, it's an attempt to get mature players without unnecessary effort.

I agree that age doesn't = maturity. I've gamed with many teens that were mature and played well. However, setting an age limit also discourages those who are older and immature from joining. If this wasn't at least partly successful, there would be no reason to see so many clans/servers that are 18/21+ across all platforms and genres.

2. Deggy Trainee Engineer

I've been in groups that had age restrictions for membership, but were willing to relax them.

Basically, you have to be 18 to ask us to join, but we might invite you younger than that because we like you and we think you're cool.

The topic of age restrictions on online gaming communities is always an interesting one. There are reasons to want an age limitation, and there are reasons to not want one. No one wants to exclude perfectly good gamers from their clan/guild/outfit/corporation because they haven't hit the magic 18 mark.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.