Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

AI and the end of the world...

Discussion in 'General' started by fourthquantum, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. fourthquantum Senior Engineer

Will this come to Space Engineers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35778288

They are using minecraft to develop and test AI. I think Keen are probably developing something similar but is it possible to use this 'thing' and modify it for SE?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Light_gemini Junior Engineer

Aftet a quick read it looks like what GoodAi is already doing. Theres much bla bla bla about being first on the idea if using an open ended voxel game and future plans for vision and bla bla. GoodAi has already been there. The main difference is that Keen is not Microsoft.

Edit: And AI will not be the end of the world at all. It will just be the next intelligent being inhaviting the planet. And to be fair, it will fare better than us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Ye this is the problem, the larger the company the more it is usually associated with a first when in fact it was a much smaller firm with a much smaller PR section sadly.

4. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Well, that's certainly the plan but i don't think the GoodAI is far enough ahead to play Space Engineers yet. Besides, GoodAI's choice of words... if machines take over the world you'll all know who pissed them off.

5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I saw a Youtube video with Marek speaking at a conference about AI. He intends to use Space Engineers in some fashion as a testing ground for GoodAI. I'd only be speculating as to exactly what he meant as far as in-game releases or only for Keen consumption. There are some GoodAI files in the game's directories. But I don't know exactly what they are for or do.

6. transistor77777 Apprentice Engineer

I'm almost certain keen is eventually planning on adding ai to the game, since I actually managed to enable goodAI integration in the game a while ago. But if they are doing it, it's really far off. The last time i messed with it, the AI could only use tools and move, and it couldn't use the inventory, terminals, or even tell the difference between different types of blocks, and it dropped my simspeed to .2.

Tbh t seems more like keen was using the game to test out the ai itself, rather than adding ai to the main game

7. Spets Master Engineer

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. fourthquantum Senior Engineer

I have no doubt GoodAI could do these things eventually however the one developed by Microsoft looks like it's ready to be used and tested in a game. I want to know if it's possible to use it in Space Engineers now.

9. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Ive yet to enable it but yeah Ive seen the postive/negitive behavior renforcment tool, the ai repair world, and the goodai related files in the SE install directory. Keen has been useing the ai inside space enggys for months now but from what Ive seen they are see if they can teach it to learn how to work with a already made object. While that doesnt sound exciting most likely they dont have it preprogramed to be able to know to complet the blocks, and if it can wield blocks to completion thats very exciting. I personaly have not had the time to sit down and look at the goodai project as work is murdering me.

10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Can't we start by teaching MAREK how to play SE? :/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

AI crashes through window and gets torn apart by cyberhounds. The end.

12. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Q Apprentice Engineer

I can see the robot picking up humas while they are screaming saying "i love humans" than punching them into and small box saying "good night"

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. inventor200 Apprentice Engineer

Can we be friends, plz? Too many other people in my city and on Facebook treat the Terminator franchise as a bible on robotics and AI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

Honestly, I'm just waiting for my chance to help a true AI grow. If we can bond with them, show them it's better to be friends, there will be no hostility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Hmm.... If robot have instaled only automatic learning program, it dont have instaled safty locks ? This means robot can find out: Its beter get rid of that guy with hockey stick first, so i can finish my work fast ;)
    ( well... i dont mind ;) every technological advance cost somethink in process )

17. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Recent file digging intel suggests that *bug reports* by the GoodAI team exist (but not on the bug report forums). That is, the GoodAI team encountered SE bugs that interfered too much with their purposes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

So basicly AI is playing the same unplayable game we are :p

19. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

I wonder if Keen has considered a specialized AI block. Maybe a sort of upgrade module for the remote.
    In my barely educated opinion, AI might find it easier to adapt to grid form rather than player form.
    Additionally, it could also integrate with C# scripts on programming blocks.
    Maybe leave a few empty programmable blocks set aside as the AI's memory. Text panels and lights could serve a similar purpose as they have for workshop scripts.
    Restricting the AI function to a character seems, well, restricting. Additionally, players could add more equipment and conditions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

Great, so a new intelligent being will be learn about humanity from kids pranking and griefing it in minecraft...we are doomed.

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. Light_gemini Junior Engineer

If we can make AI that can apreciate beauty and understand morals then it may learn to respect life and sentient beings.

That doesnt mean we may not end in a zoo, or totally banned from governing or takin decisions since human nature tends to screw up so many times, and choose greed and self interests over sense too much.

22. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

Marek's true goals for Good A.I. in a nutshell...

MarekOS

23. Radma Kanow Apprentice Engineer

AI? Seriously? We haven't solved problems with printer sharing over the local network yet people try to make AI. Let me share some post about "intelligent house" (which is few steps below AI level), A.D.2013.

There's yet one more aspect of that "new and great new age of wonders" that every enthusiast tends to forget. All those "intelligent houses" are base on the whole bunch of not-so-compatible devices that must work totally flawless for such a home to work and not turn into a source of endless frustration.

Wake up in the morning, need coffee. Unfortunately it's not possible since the coffee machine is trying to connect to router to download fck-knows-what, from fck-knows-which-social-media for fck-knows-why. Cheapest router provider hired some Indie whose imagination sufficed for 5 devices on one WiFi only. So we reset router but now fridge looses network connection, alarm clock cannot DL your daily schedule. While restart you want to watch some TV but your TV is so Smart so without internet it cannot get program list.

Router finally reset but Indie who programmed the device didn't take under consideration loosing connection while filter exchange - coffee machine stopped responding. Lack of proper interface causes that all we see is red diode blinking "Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo" so we turn PC on, wait for internet connection so on producer site, which was designed by psycho with persecution mania and implemented by retarded Indie, after cursing on their parents, grandparents, pets, neighbors and lovers, finally get PDF that explains that "Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo" means that no one knows what that means and you must connect to coffee machine's http server for more information.

Sadly, at the same time there are no available router slots (once again) so you have to unplug toaster to free WiFi channel only to know that coffee machine's server stopped responding. Thanks Cpt. Obvious, no coffe today.

I'm raging when setting ONE printer over WiFi and sooner I'll plant The Thorn Birds in my anus than install "intelligent" devices in my house which software was written by some retards after 6-week embedded coding course...

Such a shame that no ones mentions that when talking about "intelligent houses".

And a news from about 2 weeks ago. Some tech-journalist was testing "intelligent" thermostat in his apartment. Device that gets weather forecast on-line and sets in-house temp accordingly. So our hero is sleeping, deep night. He woke up as it was very hot. He checks his "intelligent" thermostat to realize it was trying to achieve "comfort" temperature of 38 deg C. Manual temp change didn't work. So he unplugged it and tried to all-manually set desired temp.

Later investigation showed that overnight software update messed with something and device switched to some pre-defined hard-coded settings. Reset procedure involved unplugging the device from house, plugging into PC, manual DL of quickly patched drivers, turning off completely, plugging into charger for approx. 1hr, unplugging and resetting, then leaving under charge until fully charged. Then it was "safe" to reinstall device into house.

And imagine you are doing this when you have -10*C outside and inside temp oscillates around +14*C...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.