Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

All air vents showing 'Leaking' on previously airtight, unchanged, undamaged ship...

Discussion in 'General' started by darkstrike, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. darkstrike Trainee Engineer

Hi all - I have a weird issue on our server. My ship, which was previously completely airtight is now saying leaking on ALL air vents, despite having taken no damage, nor me changing any aspect of the ship at all. All rooms are made using airtight blocks and I could depressurize them and repressurize them no problem at will.

I've looked it over, and nothing has damaged any block anywhere. All the rooms were at 100% filled with oxygen, but I first noticed it when a room I was in wasn't pressurized...any subsequent room I opened would lose pressure and then say 'leaking'....all doors are closed as well...

Does this sound like a server issue?

2. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Have you checked the ship’s integrity in single player mode? That might determine whether it’s a server issue or not. Or more likely I have no idea what I’m talking about.

3. darkstrike Trainee Engineer

Yup, ship works perfectly in single player. Pretty sure it's a server issue as once the server restarted automatically overnight, the vents, etc were working again...so all is now well! :)

4. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Even in single player mode I’ve had vents stop working for inexplicable reasons. After restarting SE, everything worked again. Go figure.

5. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I run server all the time and I'm the only one in it. One of the minor patches they pushed out before the Christmas break did some realigning with grids dynamically attached to another grid. In my case it was landing gear keeping these two grids together. Anyway, I've never launched this grid so when I loaded up there was damage to the body which was causing a leak. Nothing crashed into it so I blame Klang. The leak detection mod pointed me to the very minor damage, (I was totally surprised) but there it was. Once I repaired it everything was back to normal.

6. Calaban Junior Engineer

There appears to be a bug when two angled blocks are placed with their angles in odd ways resulting in non airtight.

For instance, paste in The Salvador: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=490662877&searchtext=the+salvador
    and after admiring its industrial clunker design, start looking for dat pressure leak.
    One of the main compartments heading for the bridge is non pressurized. Good luck on this "mini game"- feel free to try to find the leak (it will only get you to admire the design a bit more after digging around a bit) and, no; Duct tape will not be required.

If you give up, then get buildinfo mod, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514062285
    that makes air vents trace out their leak paths with nanites when set to "find leak".

You will see that 2 2x1 angle larger section blocks side by side that would seem to be airtight... but are not. But they seem like they should be. They are not damaged in any way, but their respective angles are.. odd with regards to each other.

This is a great specific example of an unexplained air leak, that may just be a bugged block-seal-code-thingy. After walking through this it would show you angle block configurations you may want to avoid for now.

7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Clang always finds a way!! :)

8. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Talk about Clang, yesterday I was working on my ship for the third annual Ranos shipbuilding contest and discovered a couple HALO tank builds that I had brought in and locked to the ship with connectors had completely and absolutely exploded when I reloaded the map. Kablooie!! Parts everywhere. Is was horrible! Just horrible!! I can only imagine that the connectors and wheels did not play well together, trying to outdo each other with connectivity to the grid. I'll have to disable their suspensions when they're attached to the connectors, or better yet just not include them, although they look pretty nice when they're included.

Sigh...

9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff sorry to hear about that. It is not a good feeling at all when that happens. If I had a dime for every time it happened to me... lol

10. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Hey, you play the game, you take your chances.

11. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I cannot recommend this mod enough if there is one mod that needs to be in the vanilla game it is this one. Not just for the leak detection function but for the extra valuable information it gives for blocks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. boromir Apprentice Engineer

This also occurs with the block I call the triangle: 1x1x1 right triangle. When you place the square side edge in to fill a corner between two cube blocks diagonally adjacent (think tic tac toe: center and corner), it still leaks.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Certain Glass blocks will also leak, even though they are not supposed to. I think it may be a collision mesh issue.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.