Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

All air vents showing 'Leaking' on previously airtight, unchanged, undamaged ship...

Discussion in 'General' started by darkstrike, Jan 11, 2019.

1. darkstrike Trainee Engineer

Hi all - I have a weird issue on our server. My ship, which was previously completely airtight is now saying leaking on ALL air vents, despite having taken no damage, nor me changing any aspect of the ship at all. All rooms are made using airtight blocks and I could depressurize them and repressurize them no problem at will.

I've looked it over, and nothing has damaged any block anywhere. All the rooms were at 100% filled with oxygen, but I first noticed it when a room I was in wasn't pressurized...any subsequent room I opened would lose pressure and then say 'leaking'....all doors are closed as well...

Does this sound like a server issue?

2. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Have you checked the ship’s integrity in single player mode? That might determine whether it’s a server issue or not. Or more likely I have no idea what I’m talking about.

3. darkstrike Trainee Engineer

Yup, ship works perfectly in single player. Pretty sure it's a server issue as once the server restarted automatically overnight, the vents, etc were working again...so all is now well! :)

4. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Even in single player mode I’ve had vents stop working for inexplicable reasons. After restarting SE, everything worked again. Go figure.

5. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I run server all the time and I'm the only one in it. One of the minor patches they pushed out before the Christmas break did some realigning with grids dynamically attached to another grid. In my case it was landing gear keeping these two grids together. Anyway, I've never launched this grid so when I loaded up there was damage to the body which was causing a leak. Nothing crashed into it so I blame Klang. The leak detection mod pointed me to the very minor damage, (I was totally surprised) but there it was. Once I repaired it everything was back to normal.