Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Allow players to have a 3d map. See my example.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by botelhorui, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. botelhorui Trainee Engineer

I would be usefull for players to have somekind of 3d map to help navigate.

I created a quick example of a 3d map

The texture takes some seconds to download.

2. TangoFoxtrot Apprentice Engineer

I'm sold on it.
    Would it be generated by some sort of in-game block, would it be only available in a cockpit, or would it be available to every player at all times?
    And could it display the position and velocity vectors of other ships? I'd imagine that would be limited by whether or not you can detect them, though.

3. Gentry Senior Engineer

I would love a Homeworld style tactical view.

[​IMG]

4. Conradian Moderator

Ooh yeah the Homeworld view would be great if combined with the E: D/SC thing with the lines indicating height above the plain of view.
    Large spheres for asteroids, small spheres/ship shapes for large ships, dots for small ships.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  5. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

I guess, we need radars, too...

6. MrZuribachi Trainee Engineer

I'd appreciate some sort of 3d navigation system, like you add a block to the ship and give it the coords multiplayer server use so it shows like an arrow on the screen somewhere and it leads you home

7. goduranus Junior Engineer

What if you give that tactical view a command function as well, then we can have block-based Homeworld.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.