Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Allow us to modify internal block wiring so we can engineer our own power network(s) within a grid

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Koder, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Koder Apprentice Engineer

Hi guys,

Long time SE player and fan here. Just wanted to check in and see if there are any engineers out there nowadays wanting to further discuss ideas about being able to actually engineer our power networks.

Here is an awesome post from 4 years ago, that came after some good discussion if you want to review first. Feel free to link any other resources where this has been brought up, I'd like to get an understanding of what we as a community have come up with so far with respect to wiring and electrical systems in SE.

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

The way the game currently is (and has been) without compound blocks as an option the only workaround I can think of would be to have a system similar to Planet Nomads system, it is a more realistic approach than what we have in SE.

Even then I am not sure the game engine SE uses would be able to do it.

Here is a link to a video that best shows off how power networks work in PN.

I for one would like it similar to that, or maybe a hair more complicated. (Maybe have an option like Easy power management for those who would not want to get too involved with micromanaging every detail.)

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.