Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Alright, I saw that teaser...

Discussion in 'General' started by PLPM, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PLPM Junior Engineer

Faith in SE, RESTORED.

Holy hell, cilindrical collision models instead of spheres, NOW, THAT´s incredible. All this pain with wheels... can it truly be about to be over? I can´t wait to finally go ape*** on planets without having to use gyros.

For me, it´s a step in the right direction towards getting the game to its true potential gameplay-wise... I had not been this exited for an update in a LONG time.

May it be... Patchmas?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

I am waiting for actual christmas so I can have a reason to break out my SE wishlist.

3. Plongo Trainee Engineer

My god it cannot be!!! Am i dreaming!?! Gonna be a party when this hits!!!! My long lost wheels make there return!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Harrekin Master Engineer

Large grid wheels...small grid chassis...less flipping over...

Monster trucks confirmed?

• Like Like x 1
  5. oleando Apprentice Engineer

Now wheels, tomorrow multi-grid projections, then the 100 m/s limit, and finally CLANG.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

[​IMG]
    what are those wheel problems you're talking about?

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. oleando Apprentice Engineer

Looks completely normal to me

8. Spets Master Engineer

is cool, but not right. I will prefer proper vehicle tracks. Is like when you have to use the Air Vent as a placeholder for the Half Block Armor... stuooooopiiiid!!! give me the block already KEEEEN!!!! :mad: <--- what is this? bring back the old smilies, what the heck is this?:words:

9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I can hopefully have useful emergency hand-break instead of just hoping i can slide turn out of the way in time.
    --- Automerge ---
    I'm still a bit......a bit........kinda....like..

wheels did work fine before.......
    then an update came along and made them sink into the ground while moving and the game considered it a high speed crash.
    then fancy block did fix that...but then we needed a gyroscope to drive in a straight lien and breaks are awful.

I'm most likely over thinking it maybe its introducing a tire friction system where the ground has various level of grip...its no longer just based on wheel friction level.

10. Malware Master Engineer

They most certainly didn't. They've always been wonky, unstable, difficult to adjust and unintuitive in behavior - whether they've been sliding all over the place or just suddenly deciding to stop and flip the vehicle, almost no matter how wide. There's been complaints about them since day one. It's been possible to tame them, and some vehicle types have worked better than others, but they've never "worked fine".

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

Yep, Even at the pinnacle of best in the past they had much to be desired.

I did get excited over seeing the teaser but have to be cautious knowing KSH happens to fix things only to break them again. Although it is a good thing we should be able to rollback patches now.... (waiting to see if KSH keeps their word and makes 01.179.0 available on the next Major patch and going forward)

12. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

There have been some releases where they worked decently. But they've NEVER worked right in multiplayer.

My last go round with them they tended to just seize up and be worthless.

Also, the pulling or listing to one direction seems to be caused by the quantizing of movement. You can see this by slowly flying in space with your character straight to a point. Take your hand off the mouse and just thrust slowly (OMG there's a joke in there somewhere). You'll notice you won't hit the target but drift away. At very slow speeds you can see the character following a staircase pattern. I think this is what's happening with the vehicles. They start drifting due to this behavior.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.