Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Annoying since 01.174 DEV] Inertial Dampening and/or Thruster Strength Weirdness [SP OFFLINE]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Commander Rotal, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Commander Rotal

So i've been working on atmospheric airships all week, good fun, going back to SE, you'd think they wouldn't screw up Thrusters, i mean why would they, everything's going fine-fine, until Thursday happened and now both of my projects (the finished reference ship Airship One and the WIP Lady Skalí) have trouble staying afloat because something happened to either to Thruster strength, Inertial Dampening, or both. Lady Skalí can't even leave the atmosphere anymore. Originally i thought it was a problem with the WIP-ship getting too heavy. But an older version with a lot less superstructure has the exact same problem (one that left atmosphere as late as Wednesday without a hitch), and Airship One hasn't been changed in days.
    In the case of said Airship One (the little one that's sitting in front of the testing-Medical Bay in the accompanying Reproduction-World) it can still keep itself in the air when applying thrust manually via Space Bar, but just like Lady Skalí the Inertial Dampening seems to be broken, with the ship taking little dips despite having sufficient thrust. Allow me to demonstrate:

Workshop-Link for Reproduction: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860804387 (World, Vanilla)

Log 01: (Modded with Mexpex' Weapon Pack)

Log 02: (Vanilla, same problem)

2. I23I7 Tester Developer

Hydrogen thruster bug. Turn off all Hydrogen thrusters and it goes away. Reported and bagged as a bug hopefully there will be a fix next week.

*Hurriedly runs away*

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. CrAzzYmrBC

Also having this issue. just finished my ship to go to space too :(

4. Commander Rotal

Hm.... Doesn't seem to do the trick. Not entirely.
    First thing i did was simply turning all the Hydrogen Thrusters off. No change:

[​IMG]

Next i went ahead and deleted all Hydrogen Thrusters. This cut' the jerking down to 0.1 m/s:

Might is suggest looking into the Atmospheric Thrusters again next week? Seems to me them and the Hydros are combining their powers of Evil.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lurch84

I've had this occasionally too. On a mining drone (it was empty) (small grid, battery powered, small atmo's only) had it up in the air a bit as was planning to do some modifications to the underside, but before I could start grinding it started doing little dips every second or 2 by a small blocks hight roughly (so same behaviour as in Rotal's first clip (no comment on the music)) . So I think It's dampeners and gravity not getting on.

6. Commander Rotal

I thought the pun was cute and topical :(

7. Lurch84

Didn't even register the pun! Just heard the intro to it and thought "Oh no, that song!" (Someone I used to know sang it nearly every day, drove me nuts lol).

8. Commander Rotal

I know it's stupid but i find it works quite well as a work-track. Very driving. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bucket

I've been having this same problem, too. Ships with nothing special about them, even ones that have nothing but the basics to fly in atmosphere, are just slowly falling out of the sky. Their speed constantly bounces between 0 and .1 m/s, and every time the speed clicks back to 0 for an instant, the fuel time is switching to a massive amount as if all the thrusters are shutting off momentarily. Whenever they do fix this, I certainly hope they make it so that ships can dampen for extra grids such as things attached via rotor/piston, because they've been like that since planets were introduced.

10. punkatron

What about the opposite also happening? I couldn't understand this, but when taking off from Mars my large grid ship (3 Large Hydro boosters + a number of ions) simply shot into the sky at a phenomenal rate upon hitting space bar - must have hit 1km up in 3-5 secs. When I steadied it, the ship, rather than hover or descend, continued to float upwards under its own mysterious power. Cutting thrust didn't help either! It was as if the ship was full of helium and light as a feather, just floating away. After a minute or two of wrestling with various controls, the 'physics' of the universe returned to normal reality, and I started to plummet (like a stone - as would be expected without any upward thrust).

It's happened two or three times lately (ships floating upwards), and I have no idea what's causing it.

11. I23I7 Tester Developer

Fiddling with some of thrusters should not be a problem i will see what i can do.

12. Urablahblah

I had similar issues when I used a landing gear attached to voxels. It was like my ship had an anti-inertia drive. It could have been a mod issue though.

13. Commander Rotal

Could you make them stronger while you're at it, for some reason my 400 meter long Heavy Armor Airship isn't staying in the air [​IMG]

So, uh, in seriousness; bug's still a thing, would be awesome maybe for next week :)