Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Anntena jammers and camera hacking

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by 333546323, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

Blocks I would like to have
    . Anntena jammer jams other antenas from locating you but if the other team has 2 anntenas theyl see your unless you have 2 anntena jammers...ect.
    Also a way to balace this and for people not being able to have 100 antena jammers, anntena jammers will be pretty expensive and will use a new item called jammer chip. To make an anntena jammer youl need 10 jammer chips,50 interior plates,100 steel plates,100 antena parts and 20 reactor componenets. Jammer chips will also be expensive to craft
    . The anntena jammer will be a 4 blocks wide 4 blocks long and 2 blocks hight and will look like a hexagon with alot of faces and will spin slow when jamming 1 anntena but if theres 2 it will spin fast and will pop up a hologram on the side with a warning, saying (WARNING JAMMER OVERLOAD) Unless you have 2 jammers to cope with the 2 antenas

.haking a cam a new block conept (note sure of the name) but enyways it can hack cameras and you will be able to see what the cam is seeing and also what the pilots GPS are. A radar jammer can jam 2 of them at the same time.

WELP WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Wicorel Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@333546323 No thanks. Seems like an overly complicated game of "I need to build more antennas than you have jammers" creative an uninteractive game of stupidity. We will end up with more spiky looking ships than an Ork Space Armada.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Arcturus Senior Engineer

5. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I love the idea of Antenna Jamming.

6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

hacking cameras
    what if can do it with one single block but it takes a players full attention while hes doing it with a crappy sort of puzzle game that if a player fails it'll ruin the surprise element somehow alerting the other engineers ship.
    w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶u̶z̶z̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶r̶e̶t̶s̶

or something else like you jam a signal but only when you're not moving or moving slowly with it using a large amount of power.

i don't enjoy the thought of it to be truthful but if keen want to add it its up to them.

7. Stormigedon Trainee Engineer

Other than being very unrealistic, I don't see the point. Why would I ever want to use an antenna jammer when I can just turn mine off? Does it make the other antenna unable to see any signals? That could have a small advantage over just turning your antenna off but completely removes the element of surprise. Maybe it provides moderate concealment if you're trying to hide your base, but now you've revealed that your base is nearby. It's easier and cheaper to just turn off the antenna in that case.

Also very opposed to this camera hacking block, it provides you with a lot of information about the pilot with no apparent counter measure or cost. It's of little use to the attacking player except to steal waypoints. And if that's all you're going for I can think of much better mechanics for that than some random camera hack. I don't care for the idea of waypoint stealing so I won't go into them.

8. gothosan Junior Engineer

Well antenna jammer could e intresting now that we have antenna communication.
    Think of a case where you could stop enemy from broadcasting/receiving messages or fooling drones by blocking a real message and sending them a fake one.

9. Captain Broadstairs Apprentice Engineer

In the case that antenna are being used to transmit fleet coordination data ( Such as RDAV's new script utilizing antenna based communication https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/...illa-real-time-strategy-gaming-in-se.7396273/ ) I can see some value in jamming antenna's.

But in the case of its more standard usage I'm not sure what the point of jamming signals is? Though I suppose it would block anybody from sending any remote piloted drones into your signal jamming range, but how commonly does that happen really?

Also if the Jammer blocks all transmissions in a radius, then the blackspot around your jammer will alert other players to your general location, whereas they would simply pass by without noticing your antenna if it were switched off.

If the jammer only effects other players by preventing them from seeing your signals but they can still see their own signals then I don't think this has any appropriate drawback to its use. Turning off your antenna has the same effect but it means you cannot operate drone networks from it, to gain stealth you must forfeit utility and I like that. A jammer that gives you stealth and utility being unaffected is too easy.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  10. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

What we need is a signal amplifier, router switches, antenna pulse option.
    • Amplifiers = just renew and mirror the signal, so cheaper than laser antenna.
    • Router switches = just divide and route the signal, so is cheaper than a antenna.
    • Pulse option = for ping with location for reconnect.
    So you can create a network with laser antennas for cover a big field and stay realistically covered.

Imagine a base transmitting to 2 asteroids, each asteroid re-transmit for 2 satellites. each satellite transmit for 4 ships. If one ship lose connection, it broadcast his location for reconnect. If a satellite is destroyed the another one if have communication ports will reconnect the lost ships.
    Behold:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

Oh oops
    --- Automerge ---
    Yah but I mean you dont have to build it its not something needed on your ship
    --- Automerge ---
    Are you serious....like seriously this is a very common thing alsot all battle ships aircrafts and rover in real life have them do your reaserch first plz
    --- Automerge ---
    Yes but it alsk aids both teams kf they have it theye dont need a counter measure for everything like what if I say, oh jumpdrives are crap becaus you can just jump out of a battle and not get damadged

12. sioxernic Senior Engineer

What the fuck are you talking about?
    Modern battleships, aircrafts and rovers don't have easily hackable cameras, the majority of real life battleships are basically unhackable. They don't allow any ship systems to be controlled from outside the ship, meaning the ship can't be hacked.

13. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Perhaps he is talking about how all those ships have rooms for hacking into other peoples networks and such?

14. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@ViroMan Hacking is not done from Battleships, Aircrafts and Rovers. So if he means that he is still exceptionally wrong.

15. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Hacking not done from battleships? Huh, must be one of those things that only happen in movies then.

16. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

Military hardware is essentially cyberwar proof. There is electronic warfare which is general sensor disruption, communications jamming, RADAR jamming, etc. Most modern military ships and aircraft come equipped with some sort of EW capability.

17. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@REDSHIELD
    EW (Electronic Warfare) is mostly detecting hostile signals to ascertain their position. Jamming has the problem that you are broadcasting the position of what ever is jamming, which means if you are on a battleship jamming, you are broadcasting your own position to everyone else. (Jamming is essentially sending so much noise over the radio that the signal that is trying to get through is overwhelmed, which means you are sending a signal which can be detected and triangulated). Just to repeat, EW is mostly trying to ascertain hostile signals positions :woot: EW is not hacking or mostly not disruption.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

Jamming? There is great value in being able divert attention from something else. EW has applications in attack, protections, and support. How they are used in SE has nothing to do with how they are used in RL though. Just because something is rarely used in RL, does'nt mean it will have the same frequency* of use in SE. Vice versa

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@Jikanta And... that is not what I said, I was saying a person before me argued for absolute nonsense since that is not how it is used in real life.

20. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

I am aware of this. I was providing education to ViroMan and the OP as to the probably source of their confusion, given that EW does include a significant counter-signals component.

21. Levits Senior Engineer

If we're talking about E-warfare, how about having a block that forces programming blocks within a certain radius to shut off :woot: . People and their fancy automated missiles flying at you and with their fancy ships; just flip a switch and watch them all flail helpless around. Heck, even timer blocks. Have em all shut down. Send everyone within a 1 kilometer range back to the stone age. For even greater mayhem, have it disconnect rotors automatically and disengage landing gears. ;) lets see just how much chaos and destruction we can create with one of these things.

But with regards to such sensor/communication Jammers... they wouldn't be that bad of an idea but they wouldn't be used for remaining invisible. At best, it would be nothing more than a fancy decoy that forces antennas and other sensory devices to pick up on only that one block within a radius. Would actually be useful in combat to mask your own communication systems being active and completely eliminate a players ability to use drones remotely.

Though it would very likely become a block that everyone would have to use if they wanted to even the playing field. Reduced range of broadcasting (something that you can strap to a small ship but would have to get in close)or require massive power requirements and/or possess a time-limit for the device for balancing purposes.

Really though, the only thing that such a jammer would be good for is keeping players from remote-controlling drones and/or sending/receiving signals via their antenna. The only way it can mask your own antenna's signal is if the device itself forced other players HUD markers to pick up only that device.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Ohh shit you just clubbed the crap out of troll drive users.

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. Levits Senior Engineer

Didn't even think of that one. But definitely agreed :woot:

E-warfare is more about disruption and chaos than actual combat. But such a thing (well... the 'joking' capabilities I threw out there anyways) would probably be way too OP for the game. Though in more moderate/specific aspects (such as jamming jump-drives and/or even the troll drives as you say), it could possibly serve a purpose.

24. gothosan Junior Engineer

Depened on a script and if such feature is implemented in it you might have drones that could get remote shutdown command, could be funny to stop an attack/break into a base by forcing them to get it :p

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.