Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Antenna functionality

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by SilentShadow, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PotatoGolem Apprentice Engineer

? I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean? ... a garage door opener is a button, not a computer managed system of devices connected via wireless networking to another such system...

Your analogy should be more like: make my pc and cellphone share data ... and I wold say uh ok...

Im on a team that manages a 400 servers datacenter and 300 workstations with a management console that alerts us with non compliant systems and software running on them. We had to write custom scripts to make the console show which part of the country the machines are in as it makes no difference in modern networking ..... (admitidy our console software is shitty it should have done that from the beginning lol)
    --- Automerge ---
    Manual control by using a remote control Block yes..
    but to the grid itself there is no acess between parts ....
    for example you can not display text for the amount of ore in a container that Is on a grid connected via antenna...

2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

So you can't have a PB on the connected block send a message containing the amount of ore in a container on the grid?

3. Stormigedon Trainee Engineer

Basically: antennas are signaling devices that transmit signals of varying complexity depending on the user and application, anywhere from a long steam of complex digital data to a simple analog on/off signal proper intergrid communication (that reflects this) could let me send a signal to my carrier from my small ship to cycle and open the hanger, at the push of a button. A garage door opener if you will.

4. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

Hold on, can someone write a script to lock onto a target found using a remote control lock and set it to calculate a destination relative to the target, relocking and recalculating every three seconds or so?

5. Stormigedon Trainee Engineer

Yes, it's been done.

6. zdzier Apprentice Engineer

You got that backwards. Youre the problem. And if youd like to respond to this, youre gonna perpetuate a derailing.

7. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi Guys!
    I'm receiving alerts here and after reading I've noticed that rules 11 and 12 are not respected.

REMINDER

11- Respect other user's opinions. Don’t try and force your own opinion onto someone or deride what other members believe about the game.
    12- Try to keep all messages in a constructive and polite manner. Posts that don’t include any arguments neither provide any suggestion on how the game can be improved will be considered as spam and will be deleted. For more information of what is Feedback and Constructive Criticism, please read below.

Feedback and Constructive Criticism
    We invite you to post your feedback, either negative or positive. Without this we won’t be able to improve the game and resolve any problems/bugs. Try to be as more constructive as possible by providing reasons why you like or don’t like something in the game and what can be done to make it better.

@zdzier
    With the amount of warning points you have it would be Wise to respect those rules, be kind please.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

I can keep two conversations going at once. Your attempt to silence me is in poor taste and completely ineffective.

Back on topic, @Stormigedon, is it effective on a three-second loop or does it have to run constantly and lag the game? Also, link please?

9. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

10. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

Is there a script that doesn't rely on the merge exploit but rather runs itself autonomously using a GFD lock?

11. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

Not sure. It passes the GFD lock info to specify the target. Basically the "initial lock" and handoff if you will.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688803417

However, there is a mine (a cluster of missiles) that gets its own gfd lock without merge blocks. But it has no IFF. It is an area denial weapon, and locks any grid in range.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=578678958

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.