Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Any good current airlock scripts?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirConnery, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

I'd like an airlock script that you can add sound/lights to. That also has a depressurize chamber.

So basically everything that Airlock Control Mod used to do. Doesn't work anymore.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436109051

Haven't been able to find anything no workshop. I tried to repair the script but that also failed.

2. Calaban Junior Engineer

Its always been possible to "hand make" an airlock, with all the features, using sensors, and timer blocks, and buttons. no programming block or script needed.

I'm not going to just hand you a design, because each situation is different, and no 2 ships are alike.
    (plus, engineering this system to function correctly from parts is literally "the game")

So, I'll just state some "factoids" and let the inspiration take you there:

-timer blocks can do many, many things with one "click" of trigger now. When triggered a timer runs through its toolbar of actions 1 through 0. all 9 of those toolbars when you set it up. yep thats 90 different actions.
    -Air vent blocks have "actions" you can set to do things either when "becomes pressurized" or "looses pressurized".. things like triggernow timers... that do things like "lock airlock doors" or "turn on buttons panel"
    -timer blocks can chain- 1 timer triggers 2 others, one of which counts down for 5 seconds, which then triggers 2 others, etc.
    -You can fit many many timer blocks on a rotor small grid head, all in the apace of 1-2 blocks
    -sensor blocks can be set to only "See" you, the owner, and character. if it detects it triggers one action, if it loses a target, it triggers the other. (<-- automatic airlock doors)

hope that got them gears turning :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

On MY ships, if you open a door, you close it.

Or else...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Malware Master Engineer

I used to run fully automatic scripted airlocks.

They take up way too much room.

Now I just have two sliding doors against each other and a script to lock one door when the other is opened.

What's annoying is, if they could just allow air vents to fully depressurize a room even when there's no room for the oxygen, you could create a complete airlock with just one timer block, no script...

5. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

This one by Syntak still works if you want a script for automatic airlocks: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863852250

6. CrazyEd Trainee Engineer

7. Thrak Junior Engineer

Alternatively... https://support.keenswh.com/spaceen...control-over-gas-tanks-function-purge-feature

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Well, shiver me timbers! Blarg it is!

9. Calaban Junior Engineer

But.. i do maintain pressure in my ship with a 2 sliding door airlock, using a single timer. Timer set to 2 sec [Close door outer], [close door inner][start airlock timer]

It simply closes both doors every 2 seconds- to not vent the pressurized room just takes the will power to not run though and simply pause for a sec inside till they close again.

...although there is the occasional side effect of "occasional unintentional bifurcation"

10. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

Seems really nice, I'll give it a go. It includes sensors though. As I understand sensors tie a lot of cpu power and thus effect sim speed? Or maybe I'm misinformed.

11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Is that like Scotty beaming you into a wall??

12. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Mu system works a lot like this, except no timer block is needed. Using two doors, you open the first door, step through, close that door, then you open the next door, step through, then close that door.

I swear, it works every time.

Although, I've learned over the years that when ya scrape the bottom o' the barrel ta git yer crew, ya tend ta git some what sometimes fergit where they's are, and even though the penalty fer depressurizin a ship is a keelhaulin, some of 'em still don't git it. Therefore, all the airlocks what tend ta git a lotta traffic have two sets a doors in a single block (in other words, mods). Them kinda doors is supposed ta be foolproof. The manufacturers ain't never met my crew.

13. Malware Master Engineer

I mean idiot proof airlocks, the two doors not being able to be fumbled open accidentally at any time.

14. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I can't say you were misinformed but i've never noticed any difference in single player or multi player from using a few sensors for doors, lights etc or even using modded long range ones to set off alarms if an unfriendly grid gets within 5km. Like any active block I would imagine that a whole load of them spread over multiple grids and players would have to have some sort of effect eventually.

15. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

It seems to be out of date. Gives an error about IsPressurized() function being deprecated. I tried to fix it but I'm really rubbish at this. Should be an easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.