Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Any modders already making plans?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 0z1k, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 0z1k Apprentice Engineer

One of my first thoughts seeing the announcement for ME was modding capabilities (and I know I'm not the only one). Keen has already announced that their alpha release will likely include modding (SDK + API) with steam integration.

Right off the bat, the possibilities for additional character models seems a lot more robust with ME, as with the potential for an endless variety of melee weapons. (Mincraft pick axe anyone?) It might be a bit premature to start considering furniture or other doodads, but I'm sure there is a lot of potential for some block packs. So, has anyone else started contemplating ideas, or even started working on something?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  2. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I'm not a modder, mostly because I know nothing about how it works, but I can guarantee you that if I was there would already be some stuff in the works. Although before anything can get very far we need to know what the game already has.

3. Condor-Dornspace Trainee Engineer

Quite honestly, I was tempted to start some work on a steam punk or steamesk sort of mod. Im a huge fan of the Victorian and Industrial Eras in our history. I would certainly have a hoot in at least going for it.

4. 0z1k Apprentice Engineer

I figured there would be some things that are still very premature, and there's probably a bit more Keen might have up their sleeve/develop between now and alpha release, but there is a fair bit we can safely assume they will not be implementing. (Eg: Third party weapons/decorations, non period blocks or tools, specific character models, etc.)

5. 0z1k Apprentice Engineer

That's something you could almost start a group/team for. There enough content potential and probably enough interest!

6. Vopros Trainee Engineer

Engines. Definetly need mechanical parts. Maybe some sort of steam engine? Than also include some coal ore. In demo we saw mechanical patrs like bridges or windmill

7. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

Warhammer / LOTR / Warcraft style ;)

8. Geneticus Senior Engineer

Well, lets not forget the crossover possibilities! There are some neat things in ME that can be ported to SE as well and since the files are similar it should be relatively easy for a lot of it.

One thing I have been thinking about is a Desert/ Ancient Egyptian re-skin, maybe even port the Stargate mod from SE for giggles....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  9. 0z1k Apprentice Engineer

This is kinda what I was looking forward too as well. A good ancient temple block pack or something similar could easily work for both games.

10. Belthize Apprentice Engineer

I'd settle for proper angle blocks.

11. GaryP Trainee Engineer

I model in Max and Blender, and I program in C# for my career.
    I'd be willing to help.

12. Geneticus Senior Engineer

I think someone else will have to run with it. I'm up to my eyebrows in a major SE mod at the moment. Plus I'm trying to carve out time to work with adruino and raspberry Pi.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.