Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Any use hydrogen engine?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Liam Morris, Mar 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Liam Morris Trainee Engineer

As title says is there any use for this thing? It eats ice far too rapidly and doesn't produce very much power for the amount of ice it consumes. Can't even fill a single battery.

What exactly is this thing used for?

Also Wind works all day/night and produces more than solar which only works during the day plus take up a bigger footprint.

Anyway, anyone know how to sufficiently power my base? Still on earth so haven't found uranium yet.

2. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  4. Malware Master Engineer

It's a vehicle power source. Trying to use the engine together with enough h2 generators on the same vehicle is just a waste of power and makes no sense to boot, it breaks the conservation of energy principle.

All my rovers are now exclusively powered by the h2 engine. Works like a charm and provided I have a h2 fuel station going I can refuel in just a few seconds as opposed to having to wait for several minutes for batteries to recharge.

It doesn't run on ice. It runs on h2 gas. Your car doesn't come with the fuel refinery on it and doesn't run on raw oil ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

A mere technicality. You still need ice to fill the hydrogen tanks, so, yes, technically the hydrogen engines run on ice (unless you have some other source of hydrogen gas besides ice).

6. Liam Morris Trainee Engineer

How can i make that solar tower in my survival world? Does it work with projector? If so how can i connect it to my current grid/base.

Looks awesome!

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, it's survival ready; there are no subgrids that could get lost. Place a projector somewhere on your grid...maybe extend it away from your main base a bit with some armor blocks for connectivity...then adjust it's location appropriately and start building. In the projector settings, after I get the projection oriented correctly, I always check the box that says "Show Only Buildable" so I can build it without missing anything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pie Apprentice Engineer

Why am I now trying to imagine what a car with an oil refinery attached would look like?? Someone call Clarkson and co - they have a new project.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.