1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Anyone successfully increase integrity yet?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SkyDebris, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SkyDebris

SkyDebris Trainee Engineer

Assuming the current implementation, such as 4x4xN beams breaking apart like tissue paper from a 10 foot drop is simply due to the ongoing WIP of SI.

Really looking forward to seeing SI get enhanced to something that makes sense, including strong construction capabilities.

Until then (and excluding turning SI off) has anyone managed to increase SI / connection strength?

Been digging around the files and located the timber in CubeBlocks_small which logically all variants use Wood from Components as their subtype.

However changing <MaxIntegrity> in Components doesn't appear to change (at all) the connection strength between beams.

Is connection strength defined somewhere else?

2. SexyPaysan

SexyPaysan Apprentice Engineer

This is very tricky to do with the current state of the Modding API available for ME (as almost everything is possible with the right modification). If you want to achieve such thing successfully through modding and you have currently very good skills with reflexion, you could isolate the reflexion object of a StructuralIntegrityComponent. Else, I'm afraid to say that it's not something possible in an easy way, unless you can find the right way.

3. DrThunder187

DrThunder187 Trainee Engineer

I've been playing around with building marble run type structures, I'd love it if the large projectile didn't break like an egg when it touched anything. Also having it do no damage or making parts unbreakable would be convenient. If anyone has a temporary fix I'd love to know.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.