Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Important! Anyone with black screen update look here!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by I23I7, Dec 29, 2016.

1. I23I7 Tester KeenSWH Developer

Hello,

So guys there seems to be an issue with black screen. If you are Windows 10 it is recommend you try and change your scaling setting to 100% this can be done by right clicking on your desktop and clicking on display settings. A new window will pop and there should be a slider bar that read: Change the size of texts,apps and other items: 125-200% change it to 100%(Recommended)

If you are not running Windows 10 and still have this issue. Send me a private message titled: IMPORTANT BLACK SCREEN STILL HAPPENING! Also if you will message i will need to be able to get into contact with on any form of communication media so that we can fix this hands on.

There was also certain cases where running the game in a compatibility mode helped to address the issue.

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year!

Also ask around for Laggindoor,Slytherotor,Clagenclaw and Fixxenpuff ;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. Iomega0318

Hmm interesting, I didn't even know this was happening.. Considering I never change my display scale resolution and it's always at 100% may be why.. but I also play with most of my games set to Full Screen Windowed so I can use other applications without alt-tabbing.. It's probably another Windows bug which would not surprise me at all and not entirely if at all related to SE.. but then again SE is full of bugs ???

3. Aoi

Win 10 strikes again!

4. DaemosDaen

This is probably an issue with the steam overlay, unless SE uses the windows scaling settings. (why would you do something like that?) Has anyone tried turning it off?

5. R-TEAM

Seriously ... it is nice this can be fixed in this way ....
    But we are now back in Win95 days ?
    Before you start an game you musst set the desktop resolution to VGA and 16bit .......

First the game needs set the Audio drivers to 44.1Khz .......
    Then now it needs an Desktop scaling of 100% ...

You know .. we are in 2016 ....
    I have an 4k Screen ....
    100% is IMPOSSIBLE ...
    And sorry - DONT BLAME Win for all...
    i have nearly 80 Games.... Older Dx9 .. newer Dx10 and Dx11 ..and brand new Dx12 Games .. (and a couple where run under OpenGL...)
    NO ONE make problems with my actual scaling (and with the Audio at another as 44.1Khz ..) ...
    So it is ONLY SE Fault !

Hope this get fixed in the next years ....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. tuxOr

Actually, this is a known issue with Supreme Commander as well. We are talking about a seriously old bug to stumble upon.
    I installed it again when it turned beta and at a 4k screen, 100% scaling it still turns black for a fraction of a second now and then before coming back to game.
    I'd call that a temporary workaround, or considering past experience, permanent workaround. Curious however to see, what I think it is, a DX9 bug in a DX11 game?

7. R-TEAM

I cant comment on SupremeCommander - but SupremeCommander ForgedAlliance runs smoth and flawless ....
    (besides an bug with the mouse pointer - it dont show up on 150% scaling .. but 149% scaling it work ....)

And i would even not blame old DX9 Titles for problems on an 4K display ...
    But an Titel in development in 2017 (Now :p ) should realy dont need to change desktop values like Audio settings or any display settings to run properly ...

Regards

8. I23I7 Tester KeenSWH Developer

Hello

We are sorry that with the limited amount of manpower during the holidays we were unable to supply a fix that would cater to higher end machines having issues with screen scaling. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding.

9. shirley

I am having the same issue with the audio and all black screen , I have an nvidia gtx960m if I change my program setting for SE to integrated the game works, it prompts me saying I have a better graphics card and to change the setting but the second I do its back to the all black screen with music. I have tried everything from scaling down to 100% changing my resolution, deleting .cfg file, turning off overlay everything. Only way I can play the game is with integrated graphics setting. Anyway to fix this ? thanks