Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Are voxels airtight?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Cobra, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

We built an underground base on the moon, made the hole aritight with a sliding door and light armor blocks (all completly built, but the air vent is still showing thatthe room is not airtight.

Is there a way to make an underground base airtight, without having to build walls / roof?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sarekh Senior Engineer

AFAIK no, Voxels are not airtight

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

...yeap, unfortunately, no. :-(
    I had the same doubt for weeks, and it came to me when I saw a video about building underground.
    Pity.

4. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Nope, too expensive in processing so voxels aren't calculated for pressurization. Doesn't help for survival, but you can fake it in creative mode by putting blocks inside the voxels where the player can't see them...unless they drill of course, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Calaban Junior Engineer

The enounters in the new gat freaked me out a bit- thinking that there were areas of voxel pressurization (Hermit station for example), but nope- they were encased in armor blocks, it was just the stone voxel intruding in to make it look that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I, too, learned this the hard way when I first started playing. Seal 'er up or your eyes will pop!

7. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

....yesterday I´ve "discovered" a small issue, as we´re talking also about integration between voxels and blocks: once you have a (new!) ladder a little covered by the terrain, the game will not allow you to use it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  8. Mollymawk Trainee Engineer

I have dug discreet service tunnels to build hidden walls behind the cave wall before..i put some of the plumbing out of sight that way too... i

• Like Like x 2
  9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

On the plus side of this if you do it on a planet with an atmosphere, you can do an under ground base without having to worry about sealing it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roxette Senior Engineer

Plumbers hate him for this one weird trick!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.